StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay..so I'm a nuub (not knob)..Just trying to get suggestions from more experienced riders.
A good friend let me know that a fork stabilizer is most likely my next investment after I get out of Critical Care from last weekends dump in the dirt (he would mockingly say)..Well I've searched and there are only about a 100 of these..
Do any of you have a preference?
My ride: 2009 Vstrom 650 DL w/ABS

All suggestions are welcome..even a few heckles if you must.
thanks.
Jayhawk86
:beatnik:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Fork brace. Do it.

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
There are naysayers that poo poo a fork brace, but don't pay them any mind. And yes by all mean go with the Adventuretech brace, he makes real good stuff for a great price.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Okay..so I'm a nuub (not knob)..Just trying to get suggestions from more experienced riders.
A good friend let me know that a fork stabilizer is most likely my next investment after I get out of Critical Care from last weekends dump in the dirt (he would mockingly say)..Well I've searched and there are only about a 100 of these..
Do any of you have a preference?
My ride: 2009 Vstrom 650 DL w/ABS

All suggestions are welcome..even a few heckles if you must.
thanks.
Jayhawk86
:beatnik:

I believe you are talking about a stabilizer not a fork brace. A stabilizer is a hydraulic device that damps sudden swings of the front end. A fork brace won't help when the front wheel deflects and rips the bars out of your hands.

A stabilizer set up requires bike specific mounts. Figure about $400 for the mount and the stabilizer.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
So is the question about a fork brace or a steering stabilizer? A fork brace is a much less expensive device that makes steering more accurate by keeping the fork legs parallel. A steering stabilizer prevents the steering from violent movements that can be caused from surface irregularities or high speed aerodynamic instability. I have both, the latter mainly because I got dumped by a high speed tank slapper and never want that to happen again even though I will not exceed 100mph any more after that.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
So is the question about a fork brace or a steering stabilizer? A fork brace is a much less expensive device that makes steering more accurate by keeping the fork legs parallel. A steering stabilizer prevents the steering from violent movements that can be caused from surface irregularities or high speed aerodynamic instability. I have both, the latter mainly because I got dumped by a high speed tank slapper and never want that to happen again even though I will not exceed 100mph any more after that.
I have both too. And the latter (Scott's steering stabilizer) because of Greywolf's incident and recommendation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts