StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need opinions, I have a set of oem saddlebags from Suzuki when I bought the bike in 2006, brand new that I have never installed. Bags and brkts, (no top case) color is red. Is there a market out there for the oem bags and what do ya think they will bring? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
56 Posts
wrong color for me but I want a set of bags so when you come up with a price, let me know

·
Registered
489 Posts
The OEM bags have a reputation as not being the best, but they are functional luggage so for the right price I'm sure someone will buy them.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I believe the factory bags have replaceable color sidepieces. Not sure if those can still be sourced from Suzuki though.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Looks like these guys are asking $850. Sounds a bit high to me, but the full set of oem including the brackets & top case retailed for ~$1200 as I remember.

Worth a shot on eBay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bags

Thanks for the help, other suggestions needed please, I own a body shop that specializes in high end cars and we have a high quality paint shop, color is no problem, but they are factory red as of now.. Would 450.00 painted to match be possible?

·
Registered
290 Posts
"The OEM bags have a reputation as not being the best"

Im not totally sure why this is.. I have had them for quite a while and they have been great. I know the earlier factory vstrom hardcases weren't that great, but the new style I really haven't seen or had any issues with.. They seem as good as any of the hardcase plastic out there. I have Givi and Pelicans on my KLR and any plastic case would be easier to break into, but I don't see that quality is an issue..

Funny enough I got a deal on mine from the dealer because they were red and couldn't sell them.. I bought both side cases, top case and racks for $750 brand new.. I had the inserts painted by a body shop for $70 and was ready to go..

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The OEM bags have a reputation as not being the best,
afriend has had issues with the closure mechanism, which has led to scattered laundry about the Province, I had similar troubles, but have learned to listen for the click before I am sure they are securly closed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I haven't had that happen fortunately, but if one did pop open I have a pair of waterproof duffle bags that I put my clothes in then put the bags in the side luggage and use the retaining straps so they wouldn't go anywhere if one did out of the blue pop open.. I agree if you don't hear the click it could stay closed for a bit then come open very easily..

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
I recently got a 'like new' set of Suzuki bags from a nice lady back East, $400 shipped. Complete with an extras set of silver side covers. They are a decent saddle bag and hold a lot. The latch is just fine but I have learned from other bag failures and horror stories of lost bags to always put a strap around any luggage I put on a bike. i use a strap around the top box too. Cheap insurance.
I was lead to believe that Givi made the bags for Suzuki. The factory bags seem of the same quality as the Givis I had on my Kawakski.

Oh, they do make the bike wide. At least a full Meter. Lane splitting is dodgey with them on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did some lane splitting with mine last time I was in Cali.. Newport to Ontario on a Friday evening 6pm.. Some local gave me the signal to follow him so I did, but more than once It was center the bike and almost close your eyes it was tight sometimes.. The OEM luggage does make her a wide body for sure.. I can say Ive done the lane splitting, however I don't intend on doing it again..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to buy some hard sided luggage

I have a 2005 v strom that i need some rear bags for i dont want to pay a lot i was thinking about $350 anyone got any anything they dont need thanks jimmy white 903 733 2000

1 - 15 of 15 Posts