StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other bikes would you all consider to be real competition for your bike? I'm really liking the new Multistrada.

A

·
0 Posts
hondasarge said:
What other bikes would you all consider to be real competition for your bike? I'm really liking the new Multistrada.
I would consider:

1150 GS
Multistrada
Varedero
Caponord

·
Registered
167 Posts
alyef said:
hondasarge said:
I would consider:

1150 GS
Multistrada
Varedero
Caponord
I'd take the Triumph Tiger also. Maybe more than the Ducati.
Also more on the offroad end would be the KTM 950 Adventure.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Multistrada

I really like the Multistrada, too. However, from every review I've read, the thing's unrideable after about 100 miles. Apparently, they covered a piece of plywood and called it a seat.

W

·
0 Posts
V-Strom Alternatives

Other than those bikes mentioned, if I was just going to stick mostly to asphalt, I'd add the Yamaha FZ1 to the short list of 'Strom alternatives.

Although it would need a bit of tweaking, bags, etc. It's substantially faster than the 'Strom due to its 145HP, four-carbed inline four, and you can get it fully bagged via Givi for touring. I have a couple of buddies that ride these, and they love the bike.

Gas tank's about the same capacity, riding position and seat height similar as well. Minor differences abound, but the FZ1 is a pretty decent bike. Ironically, Yamaha just brought out a baby version called FZ6 about the same time the DL650 appeared.

My two cents...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts