StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New member. I live in Europe but found this site pretty great to try my luck here.

Have been riding cb500x for about a year now (new rider) and would like to swap it with a Vstrom 650 (not something above, doesn't make sense to me, at least for now).
After thorough searching, I decided not to buy a 1st gen one for various reasons.

Then I've found some good bargains ( I think ) about 12'-14' Vstroms with almost 40K kms and price below 6000 euros (7000$).

Do you think I should go for a used 2nd gen vstrom or wait a bit and go for a new 3rd gen?

My biggest concern is if the price difference between them, almost 4000$ would justify itself getting the new one.
I don't care so much about looks.
I just want a solid bike for touring (with a pillion) in and out of city, its engine to last 100.000 with no (major) issues,
no vibrations up to 150kmh (93mph), and a legit mpg consumption.

Apologies if there is already a thread like this, please refer me to that in case.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently went through this. I saved about $5k and opted to get the 2015 with ABS, and all the farkles I wanted (mostly). I didn't check to see how much money that also saved in taxes and insurance too. I would go with the low mileage used route, especially in this economy coming up.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Hola and welcome. As an owner of an '04 wee with 100 K miles what could go wrong? Reliable, bigger gas tank, cheap and easy to ignore for a long time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the club! Checking in with a vote for the used 2nd Gen. Best bike I have ever owned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts