1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Where is warning button for 2019?

At 34s of
, where is the warning button? It should be on the right side just above the ignition button.
Same mystery here at 6min25s:

While in this video the warning button is there at 1min9s:

Unless, I'm mistaken, all these bikes are 2019 model.

Very weird. Did Suzuki move the location or worse (remove it)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
I suspect emergency flashers. I think some jurisdictions require it - others not.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That top video is from Florida. Interesting that a US '19 appears to not have hazards.

Parts lists for the '19s aren't up yet. Can anyone here with a '19 in N America chime in about theirs? Anyone seen one in a dealership?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The last video was shot in France (according to youtuber) and it has the harzard/warning/emergency flashers.
Maybe it depends on the area you live in.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
This came up a few years back, I think "not all bikes get the hazard flashers" was the conclusion.

·
Registered
469 Posts
This came up a few years back, I think "not all bikes get the hazard flashers" was the conclusion.
Yes, North American bikes don't have hazards for 2017 & '18, but the marketing I've seen says they returned for '19, which is interesting that the video above of an American '19 doesn't seem have the button.

·
Registered
469 Posts
...browsing USA dealership photos of 2019 models on CycleTrader, I'm seeing nothing but missing hazard buttons on the right controls. Either Suzuki redesigned /re-positioned the button, or the early info about '19 models having hazards was inaccurate.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The complete knuckleheads at Suzuki actually redesigned the cluster to not have the switch and the only bikes ever made as Suzuki V-Strom in 2017 began not having flashers for u.s. and Canada only. Every other bike ever made as a V-Strom every year including 2019 has flashers except North America and Canada. The jackassery on this is stunning and I called them out a few times on it.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
My CBF1000 did not have flashers but the CB500x does ....don't know the thinking.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just out of curiosity, can somebody who has a V-Strom (any model/year) *without the hazard switch*, take a look at the flasher relay (just in front of the battery)?

I'm wondering if Suzuki put in a relay that's capable of supporting both 2-way and 4-way flashers, on bikes that do not have the 4-way flasher button, or whether Suzuki also saved some money here and put in a relay that only supports 2-way flashers.

On my EU-spec 2002 DL1000 I have a four-way flasher button and the relay is a Denso FE218JR with the markings "T 10Wx2, H 10Wx4" (The 2002 DL1000 has 10W indicator bulbs, later DL1000s were upgraded to 21W)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Suzuki also saved some money here
interesting question but they also spent money making a new cluster...that is what is appalling. Having actually needed flashers twice riding my 17 wee...the person(s) who made this decision need some good old fashioned public caning and then an apology for stupidity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts