StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gen 2 DL1000 2015 and the problem is over 100kph when you open the throttle it’s like it is starving for fuel, I fitted a new pump and sock and I thought I had fixed it ? But a few weeks later it’s doing it again any ideas out there ? I have purchased a new pressure regulator and will be installing that soon

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
It sounds like you may possibly have contamination in the fuel tank. I suggest that you perform a fuel flow test. If you have not done this before, connect a suitable length hose to the fuel pump outlet pipe. You may need to use a hose clamp to secure this pipe, if not a tight fit. Feed the open end of the pipe into a suitable clear container, turn the ignition on (do not depress the starter button) until the fuel pump finishes prime sequence. Do this three times, the measure the fuel volume pumped into the container. Use the Search Community for more info in undertaking a fuel flow test, or search on Google for example videos on the fuel flow test.
Getting back to your post, when you say that you have replaced the fuel pump, can you give more details on this new fuel pump? Was it the complete pump assenbly or only the pump portion that you replaced? Did you replace with a regulator / high pressure filter iten #7 in https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2015/v-strom-1000-dl1000al5/fuel-pump?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - thanks for your interest in my issue I have only replaced the actual pump itself
It sounds like you may possibly have contamination in the fuel tank. I suggest that you perform a fuel flow test. If you have not done this before, connect a suitable length hose to the fuel pump outlet pipe. You may need to use a hose clamp to secure this pipe, if not a tight fit. Feed the open end of the pipe into a suitable clear container, turn the ignition on (do not depress the starter button) until the fuel pump finishes prime sequence. Do this three times, the measure the fuel volume pumped into the container. Use the Search Community for more info in undertaking a fuel flow test, or search on Google for example videos on the fuel flow test.
Getting back to your post, when you say that you have replaced the fuel pump, can you give more details on this new fuel pump? Was it the complete pump assenbly or only the pump portion that you replaced? Did you replace with a regulator / high pressure filter iten #7 in https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2015/v-strom-1000-dl1000al5/fuel-pump?
Thanks for your interest - replaces pump only with eBay Kemso brand pump I have purchased a fuel regulator also to be fitted next step in the process of pump out again - the shit thing ran fine after new pump and filter sock was fitted for like 3x tanks of fuel then it all started it old I’ve got no guts over 100kph, if I open the throttle fast it starves of I open the throttle slow it will creep up in speed. So where does the high pressure filter live ? in the pressure regulator or in the plastic top housing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts