StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to change from a 15T to a 17T with a stock sprocket so I can get the rubber damper. The only one that I know of is the vstrom 1000 sprocket with the 17T will that fit the 650? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
They will indeed. And should you want a 16T, order from an SV650.

Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clarification

rcas,

Just to be clear are you saying that the Vstrom 1000 countershaft sprocket will fit on the 650 sprocket without any modifications? Thanks

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Hi all,

I'm trying to change from a 15T to a 17T with a stock sprocket so I can get the rubber damper. The only one that I know of is the vstrom 1000 sprocket with the 17T will that fit the 650? thanks for the help.

So let me ask a dumb question.....what is a rubber damper on a sprocket and what does it do?

I am wanting to change from a 15T to a 16T on my Wee.....and should learn about this before I buy a standard sprocket.

What are the pluses and minuses of the rubber damper?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The rubber damper is adheared to the sproket on both sides. Supposedly it keeps down some vibe noise. I just put the 16t on my Wee minutes ago, the one for the GSXR and it went on with no modification needed with out a hitch. It cost a few bucks more than one without the rubber. $16 and change I think. The part # is 27510-20A10.

Paul

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
To be honest, I have had the rubber damped and "normal" sprocket. I cant tell any diff in sound. I always go with a JT Sprocket 16T personally.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Where I notice the difference is when you blow a down shift and drop it down a gear or two suddenly. The rubber takes some of jarring you would otherwise experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
where is the best place to get a 17 tooth with the rubber?

ked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts