StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering an upgrade to my windscreen. Wondering how much of a difference there is with the Vstream vs. the stock windscreen. I'm just at 6' in height.

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
I have the sport/tour vstream and like it. I'm 6'3" and it does a great job for smoothly directing the wind around me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you able to see clear over the windscreen? How does height compare against stock? Did you have to install above/below original mounting holes?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I've tried aftermarket screens and now have a european style shorty on my Vee. Crosswinds are a serious bugger with a larger wind screen. That's why mine is about 2/3 of a square foot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've tried aftermarket screens and now have a european style shorty on my Vee. Crosswinds are a serious bugger with a larger wind screen. That's why mine is about 2/3 of a square foot.
I've been in one of the worst windstorms I ive ever witnessed on my vstrom. Their might as well should be a tornado when I was saddled up. I had a tall cee baileys. Screen was being hit with with nasty cross wind. I never felt the screen was going to take me down. Just had to lean excessively.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been in one of the worst windstorms I ive ever witnessed on my vstrom. Their might as well should be a tornado when I was saddled up. I had a tall cee baileys. Screen was being hit with with nasty cross wind. I never felt the screen was going to take me down. Just had to lean excessively.
You had a Vstream on your bike?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You had a Vstream on your bike?
i had a cee baileys perfect storm of all shields haha. i recently found a used one on ebay. i had one before and it was damaged in an accident. i installed 2 other shields and couldnt stand the way they moved around. the cee baileys (sadly no longer make windscreens) are the best screens in my experience. they dont budge and they make a nice pocket of neutral air around the cock pit.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the sport model in black, its very efficient. If i had the sport touring one, i'd prob die of heat in summer :)surprise:), and my visor would probably fog up in rain just as much as what it does already. Also, i don't know about the s/t one, but the sport rubs on the front plastic when leaned completely towards the rider, so there are effectibely only two settings available.

And yes, i have called them about the problem, they said it was impossible, then the dealership called them to confirm what i said, and they said the same thing... laughs.

This summer i plan to switch back to the oem one, so i can have some airflow.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Stock screen on an adjustable Madstad bracket. Can adjust on the fly (DAMHIK >:)) and it makes all but the worst crosswinds less interesting. In the heat or days with higher humidity, screen tilted toward the rear of the bike. Cooler weather, standing up straight. Great addition to the bike, for sure. YMMV

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the sport model in black, its very efficient. If i had the sport touring one, i'd prob die of heat in summer :)surprise:), and my visor would probably fog up in rain just as much as what it does already. Also, i don't know about the s/t one, but the sport rubs on the front plastic when leaned completely towards the rider, so there are effectibely only two settings available.

And yes, i have called them about the problem, they said it was impossible, then the dealership called them to confirm what i said, and they said the same thing... laughs.

I'm not entirely following. Why does your windscreen fog up and why would you be dying of heat in the summer with the sport touring model?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the sport model in black, its very efficient. If i had the sport touring one, i'd prob die of heat in summer :)surprise:), and my visor would probably fog up in rain just as much as what it does already.
---
I'm not entirely following. Why does your windscreen fog up and why would you be dying of heat in the summer with the sport touring model?
My helmet's visor fogs up in the rain because of condensation and the lack of airflow to the helmet's vents. During summer, the lack of airflow means heat from the sun and the engine, but not much air flowing to cool off.

If i had the sport touring one, the windscreen would be even higher, blocking even more wind than the one i currently have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My helmet's visor fogs up in the rain because of condensation and the lack of airflow to the helmet's vents. During summer, the lack of airflow means heat from the sun and the engine, but not much air flowing to cool off.

If i had the sport touring one, the windscreen would be even higher, blocking even more wind than the one i currently have.
I didn't realize the Vstream blocked out that much air. How tall are you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts