StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what's happening with VSRI -- V Strom Riders International? I haven't been able to get on their website for several weeks. At first I thought they had a technical problem that would soon be overcome but now it's been several weeks. Are they "out of business"?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've given up trying. The site locked me out, then when I'm informed that a new password has been sent, nothing shows up.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Email [email protected] for help. Check your spam filters to see if the message was treated as spam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forget logging in. I can't even get to the site. I've tried two different computers with different security systems and two different browsers on each. Same result -- times out as tho' the site were overloaded or having a technical problem. But it's been doing that for weeks. Thanks for the e-mail address. I'll contact them and see if they can offer any ideas.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I'm not having any problems getting onto VSRI. Got on today and last night from work and home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I visit their site daily... I haven't had any problems loading the site with Firefox.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
no problams here

logged in just fine

R.I.P. (Retire In Peace, thanks for the great ride.)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Occasional VSRI user . . .

NO problems getting on the site! :mod2_sweatdrop:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gypsy,

I am having the same problem now, in the same time span that you have indicated: I have had the same/similar problem twice in the past.

The past 2 problems were software filters that just happened to change settings without me knowing about it. (Pop-up filters)

With the current "lockout" I've even switched software firewalls from ZoneAlarm to Comodo firewall. No luck.

The current problem has been traced (by elimination) to my wireless network now. I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing the wireless router/switch software.

The way to test (elliminate) your network as the problem, is to hard wire your primary computer directly into the modem. After I did that, I could get onto VSRI on my wife's computer.

The only thing I haven't tried is to check all the filters on my wife's computer, the one that is hardwired into the router/switch. I don't know how that could affect anything, but it might, since the switch/router software is installed onto that computer.

Recently I got an error box that mentioned something about a security certificate, but don't remember much about that one. I think John is looking into that.

So, a couple of times a week I go onto VSRI from my computer at work (which is strictly forbidden), and check out the action.

When I have time this weekend, I'll check the wife's computer filters.

Good luck, Gypsy!

[edit/add-on]

I uninstalled the router software, and the "slave" software, and reinstalled each again, onto the respective computers. No luck. I still get the message "Server timed out" or "You may have a broken link." or something to that effect, depending on which browser software I try it on.

I have also tried clicking on the links from Google and Yahoo but get the same results. S***!

Until this past episode about a month ago, I have not had any troubles getting through to VSRI since long before the switch from the old forum host.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts