StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figure since the site owner owns both sites, i'd post here as well.

from the home page on vsri, clicking on anything returns this:

8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /usr/sites/vstrom.info/www/htdocs/Smf/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 286

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
That has been happening for months. By the time it gets looked into after being reported, it's working again and they can't find the problem.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey there

Can you grab a screenshot of this? As mentioned, tech hasn't been able to reproduce but they are still looking in to it.

I see the PDF links are broken but they don't give the same error you noted here. Other than that, the forum pages open to the forum as expected.

Can you let us know the exact steps you take when you get this? Include the links you are trying to access (right click, copy link) please.

Thanks!
Dayle

·
38,049 Posts
The apparent problem is the error needs to be active. If the problem only exists for a few hours, any delay in checking after a report is filed means anyone checking will only find a properly functioning site. I've done screen shots, inspections of page sources, time and location when an error has occurred but only hear back days later. I'm thinking there has to be a way to get immediate checking following a report to find anything. I've done all this directly emailing Glenda so it isn't like somebody has to find the correct person to receive the report. I've filed over 20 reports since Feb 11.

The same error occurs each time and I've gotten it on two Windows 7 computer and my iPhone using Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari.

8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /usr/sites/vstrom.info/www/htdocs/Smf/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 286

How about reporting it to the site down email address instead as the site is down and they get on things in a hurry? If the error is active, clicking any button on the opening page will trigger it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what GW said. i mailed the site admin the last time this happened a while back. i'm accessing from a mac using chrome and firefox. same result. tried just now and it works fine.

·
38,049 Posts
Site access has always been available for me. Clicking anything on the opening page results in the error message when the problem is active.

·
38,049 Posts
Not that I've noticed. Only that when it happens it affects all platforms and, apparently, users for hours.

·
38,049 Posts
Glenda said to contact her about each instance of the problem. Are you asking to change that? If you want to dig into logs, here are some I've logged and some screen shots

7:06am CDT May 19, 2017
4:27pm CDT on 5/15/2017
5/14/2017 at 8:27am CDT
9:30pm CDT 4/27/2017
2:27pm CDT 4/10/2017
10:27AM CDT 4/5/2017
12:58 CDT 3/30/2017
9:42am CDT MAR 29, 2017

Attachments

·
38,049 Posts
Now the site is down completely.

I've got........

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts