StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many completed the survey? I did and gave them very unglowing reviews!
For forum management to ignore followers is not acceptable. I realize that they are a big Canadian company to have so many not wanting to participate/follow the political/BS part of a MOTORCYCLE forum is not OK.
I'd like to be able to "not follow" that part, but they WILL NOT allow us to do that, and I have gone the other route as in picking who to follow, and that is a PITA
----------------------------------------There ya go vertiscope------------------------------------

Yeah and I do realize that you really don't give a crap!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can members and moderators see this section?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I can see it too but I don't see dead people. :)

I am sure Moderators can see it and the section. Although with the new software I am not sure what they can do, if anything, anymore.

To you original question, I received the survey request too and completed.

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
Steve, your experience is why I didn't bother to do the survey, which like and unwanted ad keeps popping up.
Feed back on software changes is futile, They never acknowledge a mistake and just plow ahead.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
That must have been that little pop up window that I reflexively "x'd" out of when I saw it. I doubt that I'd have taken it anyway; even the moderators are being ignored by VerticalScope, so I doubt that they're paying much attention to the responses of the great unwashed data mined masses to the obligatory "customer service satisfaction survey" that every corporation sends out. They aren't interested in whether or not we like the site, only whether their new format and software can produce enough clicks to increase their advertising profile. In fact, bitching about the site probably helps them out.

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Sure mods can see it as well.

We aren't employees and aren't paid for your efforts and if anyhting arer even more frustrated since we don't currentl;y havre th power to fix the issues we are all havign hear.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I completed the survey out of a sense of curiosity. It was a waste of time.

Nothing about the forum itself except for one question: Does the administrator seem knowledgeable about the forum topic (i.e. motorcycles). I said, "No."

All the rest is about the company.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted this in the

For forum management to ignore followers is not acceptable. I realize that they are a big Canadian company to have so many not wanting to participate/follow the political/BS part of a MOTORCYCLE forum is not OK.
I'd like to be able to "not follow" that part, but they WILL NOT allow us to do that, and I have gone the other route as in picking who to follow, and that is a PITA
----------------------------------------There ya go vertiscope------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Sure mods can see it as well.

We aren't employees and aren't paid for your efforts and if anyhting arer even more frustrated since we don't currentl;y havre th power to fix the issues we are all havign hear.

..Tom
Believe me when I say that we feel your pain, Tom; in fact, I'd say you and all the other Mods have it worse than we do, since you're in a quasi administrative role without any administrative power. I for one would be even more frustrated with this site were I in your shoes. I don't speak for anyone but me, but I don't hold you or Big B or Brockie or any of the other Mods at all culpable for the issues on the site. Every time Microsoft screws up Windows 10, you'd have to be a clueless bastard to start blaming the guy at Best Buy who sold you the computer.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Believe me when I say that we feel your pain, Tom; in fact, I'd say you and all the other Mods have it worse than we do, since you're in a quasi administrative role without any administrative power. I for one would be even more frustrated with this site were I in your shoes. I don't speak for anyone but me, but I don't hold you or Big B or Brockie or any of the other Mods at all culpable for the issues on the site. Every time Microsoft screws up Windows 10, you'd have to be a clueless bastard to start blaming the guy at Best Buy who sold you the computer.
Well said @RCinNC. I agree, 100%.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Another ditto for RCinNC. Thank you Mods for all you do.

·
Super Moderator
4,535 Posts
Thanks guys. Moderators have another section (which you cannot see) and the response we get there is similar to the response you have received here.
We have all tried very hard to get something done to obscure the Arena.
Than very annoying push notifications pop-up is another unresolved issue. My experience has been that if you are going to get a response it will be within 24 hours.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Than very annoying push notifications pop-up is another unresolved issue. My experience has been that if you are going to get a response it will be within 24 hours.

@Brockie, I noticed the annoying push notification pop-up box isn't there today. Maybe they finally listened.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

Wait, this is Canadian? That explains a lot! LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts