StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finished installing my new gauges tonight. Volt meter on the left and ambient temp on the right. They are similar to the datel voltmeter. I didn't like the idea of cutting two big square holes in the plastic so I made small frames from aluminum angle and bolted them on beneath the gauges. I have the temp sensor stubbed out of the little triangle grille just below the headlight. Turned out pretty good, I think. Easy to see but still unobtrusive.

Painted the frames and screw heads with black nail polish. The pretty much disappear.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Been thinking of a voltage meter but was wondering how/where they wire in. I am not schooled in wiring so unless something has very easy instructions, I get concerned that I will end up hurting a component that is much more expensive to replace.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just ran the two wires back to my fuze block, one neg, the other pos. The pos is on the switched connector in the fuze block. Only comes on when ignition is on.
Or just put them on the battery terminals but then will be on all the time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here. Wired positive to one of the switched leads on my fuse block and negative to my ground block. If you don't have a fuse block, you could just tap the positive wire into a switched wire on the bike. I used the tail light for the switched wire to trigger the relay for my fuse block. I'm sure there is a wire up front you could use, too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
image.jpg I got the 12v plug in one but it reads Celcius. Only used it in the car as I haven't yet out a 12v outlet on the Strom's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts