StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can go poking around with a test light, but thought there might be a common place that DL'ers pick up switched voltage in the instrument/fairing area.

I want to wire a radar detector. Very low current, so I don't really need a separate fused lead running to the battery I'd rather piggyback on an existing fused circuit.

On my KTM's, there are pre-wired exta pigtails for accessories. Any such thing on the DL? Or suggestions/wire colors/location on another good power source?

Thx.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Orange main color wires are the ones to look for. Orange with a green stripe feeds signals for example. There should be such a wire in the connector under the the rubber hood in the left fairing area.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There is switched power running to the push-on tab on the front brake switch, or use two diodes and take the power and ground off the Hi/Lo wiring to a headlamp bulb (or buy a male-female H4 connector from Eastern Beaver to tap off without cutting wires.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or buy a male-female H4 connector from Eastern Beaver to tap off without cutting wires.
This would be ideal, but I'm not sure where you are suggesting I would plug it in.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It would go between the headlight connector and the bulb. It would take a pair of diodes to provide a constant source as you couldn't connect device wires to both the high and low beam source wires without bridging them. Most people will just use the heated grip connector behind the radiator if they don't want to tap a stock wire. Eastern Beaver also makes a connector for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts