StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some threads, but am actually looking for a visual guide (for dummies..) that shows step by step what to do with photos.
The Suzuki manual says to completely remove the end balancer, and I remember GreyWolf wrote it is not required -> hence I distrust the Suzuki manual...

I got the part no: 79-57300-27825-291

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
You need to take the bar end weights out. What you don't take out is the #3 screw that holds the weight on. Just loosen it. Don't unscrew it more than a half inch. Then push it in to release the expander #7. Finally, wiggle out the entire #2 assembly as a complete unit.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to take the bar end weights out. What you don't take out is the #3 screw that holds the weight on. Just loosen it. Don't unscrew it more than a half inch. Then push it in to release the expander #7. Finally, wiggle out the entire #2 assembly as a complete unit.
Thanks!
I hope I don't ruin my bike in the process.
Will take photos and prepare a full visual guide when (if?) done.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@GreyWolf: If you could please clarify -
When the whole assembly (#2) comes out, #8 also comes out attached to the #3 screw?
The purpose of slightly unscrewing #3 is just to relieve pressure on #7 and #8, but unscrewing more than 1/2 inch would disconnect #8 and then it is 'lost' inside the bars?
I think I got theoretically, just double checking before I work on it tonight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
7 is a piece of rubber that expands to lock the bar end weight down. 8 is a nut that fits inside the rubber sleeve, the flange is what crushes it. If you remove 3 all the way by accident, you just remove the rest of the pieces, screw 3 back into 8, and pull it out. I should add carefully screw it back in. Don't ram 3 into the nut, you might knock it out of 7.

Loosen 3 a few turns and wiggle the bar end weight, just unscrew it enough til the whole thing comes out.

Good luck~!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed.
Took an hour, since I didn't trust the Suzuki guide or myself, and triple checked everything.
Thank you all for your help and advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts