StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on where to buy the reflective diagonal stripe tape that is on the back of fire trucks, buses, etc. I have looked around here at safety supply stores and on the internet, but seem to come up empty. Thanks in advance.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
One place I like to recommend is Conspicuity, Inc. Reflective Products since the company was started by people I used to teach motorcycle safety alongside. Their stuff is primarily for motorcyclists and won't suffer in the usually encountered conditions like some others might.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
reflective tape products

Go to a local graphics company that does truck lettering. 3M make a variety of reflective products; one that I use appears to be almost the same black colour as my Vee in daylight but reflects well at night.
But the red/white reflective stripes seen on trucks can't be beat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can also get it from your local Lowes, maybe Home Depot as well, in the section where the keep trailering and towing supplies.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The red & white retroreflective tape you see on truck trailers is grade DOT C2. It gives the brightest reflection over the widest viewing angle. The engineering grade material on fire trucks is less bright, but stands out due to the large surface area of the side of the truck. The DOT C2 tape is available in lots of auto supply stores and the auto supply of many other stores.

SOLAS tape (Safety of Life at Sea) is brighter but over a narrow viewing angle. It is designed to reflect brightly back to a single point such as a searcher behind a spot light on a helicopter or search boat.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Years ago a local rider was killed when he was rear ended at speed on the highway by an impaired driver. It was a hit and run. Fortunately the car sustained damage to the cooling system and didn't get far, was found and driver apprehended.

I found this stuff on Amazon. I like that solas stuff also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts