StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm going to be in Virginia late may early june...i've backpacked through va, and done the skyline drive thing but this time i'm going to have the missus with me and need some ideas of things that she might have fun with....so any suggestions would be great. thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
gonna be in luray 1st night, then going into manassas. from there we planned on going into D.C and checking out the smithsonian museums and zoo. and she also mentioned riding out to ocean city. so our trip is pretty much planned i just didnt want to miss anything really cool that i may not know about. luray is a pretty cool little town that i visited while backpacking the AT, there is a little pizza place called brick oven pizzaria owned by a little lady named maria everything on pizza is homemade/homegrown including sausage...best pizza ever! this trip started out as a ride just for that pizza and kinda grew into our honeymoon. so any ideas between front royal and DC would be great. as for things she likes...shes pretty much up for trying anything:drool5:.....hell it was her idea to go on a 6hr ride for pizza after i told her how good it was...then also her idea to turn it into honeymoon...who am i to argue?:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Falls National Park is a good photo op site to visit. Outside of DC. Pack a lunch or grab take out and enjoy the view of the Potomac between Virginia and Maryland. If you're in the area on the weekend the Marriott Suites in Herndon, VA off of Worldgate has great rates for the area. I believe 79 a night. Restaurants, movies and a gym close. The Spy Museum a few blocks from the smithsonian is interesting also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any active Strom riders in the west end of the state still checking this thread? I am a rookie on the strom and need some time hanging with the experienced stromers. Who's up for a ride?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts