StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I live on the middle peninsula, but work at NOB. 58 miles each way. Only been to 'the beach' a couple of times.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Heck, Philly's only about 6hrs away (1/2 of what it took me to get to V-East)
We can do lunch, eh? Anyway the scenery at the beach is better than in the mountain, right boys and girls?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep

Hampton working on the Norfolk side. Usually commuting on the DL - hard to miss me with a bright orange helmet....

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Couple of hours away up 17 North to the 301 Bridge.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Whistler... I was just thinking of "day" stuff:

Maybe a loop from Tidewater up to to say Yorktown, onto the Colonial Parkway to Jamestown, Route 5 up the James River to the Bridge that connects with Route 10 and back home again.

Not the longest ride, but definitely a sweet ride... you could come down and meet up in Yorktown, and on the return take the ferry from Surry to Jamestown and back up 17 to 301.

How does that sound?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hey Whistler... I was just thinking of "day" stuff:

Maybe a loop from Tidewater up to to say Yorktown, onto the Colonial Parkway to Jamestown, Route 5 up the James River to the Bridge that connects with Route 10 and back home again.

Not the longest ride, but definitely a sweet ride... you could come down and meet up in Yorktown, and on the return take the ferry from Surry to Jamestown and back up 17 to 301.

How does that sound?
Sounds good to me, Dude. This Saturday (the 9th) is bad for me, but Sunday's good. Future weekends look very feasible, too. Let's work out a date. :cool:

Anyone else wanna get in on this? A day trip could put us all in a rip-snortin', toe-tappin', knee-slappin' mood! :D

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Sunday early (7:30??) could work... and the next weekend too. I'm flexible, too.
Sound good to me. Meet in Yorktown at 0730? I'll need a specific place, if you know of one; I'm not that familiar with the Y'town area. Lemme know.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool!

Ok then, lets meet at 7:30 AM at the Yorktown Visitors Center:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=Zweybrucken Rd & Colonial National Historic Pkwy&city=Yorktown&state=VA&zipcode=23690&country=US&geodiff=1

Coming across the Glouster Bridge on 17, take the Colonial Parkway toward Yorktown (this will be a very short section of the CP, but nonetheless it will take you directly into the parking lot for the visitors center.

I will PM you my cell phone number, Whistler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts