·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Looks anachronistic.

·
Registered
392 Posts
side hack (side car)

Looks cool, that traditional looking hack looks nice on that bike, wouldn't have guessed that.

Riding with your SO is awfully nice, some though don't and won't ride on back and with some convincing them that riding their own doesn't work either, so the hack makes sense. Much better than one of the idiot trikes.

Also at some point all of us will hopefully get to the point that holding a bike upright and balancing is too much of a challenge, so you can either quit riding or find something to help you stay upright :)

Bill H.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will never understand the appeal of sidecars.. :) Enjoy! :thumbup:
You obviously don't have small children screaming to go every time you head tword the garage

That looks great:hurray:, all said and done how much did it set you back, and how hard is it to take off (how many hours)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You obviously don't have small children screaming to go every time you head tword the garage

That looks great:hurray:, all said and done how much did it set you back, and how hard is it to take off (how many hours)
the whole thing, including used Strom, just shy of $11K.

PITA, at points, to mount. To disconnect it? less than 30 min with some help.

But that leaves subframe on the motorcycle, not sure what'll drag on the ground for those of you who like to really lean the bike over.

For two-wheeled fun, will rely on my R80 Beemer. Much more nimble.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I think it looks great and know you'll make good use of it on those snow covered roads! :hurray:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
That looks great:hurray:, ........................, and how hard is it to take off
That somehow doesn't sound like full-throated praise.

My father had a motorcycle in Germany when he was a kid, I'd love to have been able to take him for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway in a sidecar before he passed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
just wondered I have been throwing around getting a Ural for my other street bike just so the kids could go and for the shear coolness of it, but thought maybe the vee could do it all. As I was told at the safety course when I brought my Vee for the advanced class. "This shouldn't be hard for you since you brought the Leather-man for motorcycles.":yesnod:

I would basically have it off only for long runs by myself or 2 up capable people like my 14yr old.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
side car

I have a Ural on my original BMW. A '78 80/7 with a later 1000cc engine in it. I got a fork extender from Dauntless years ago. Jay is a good guy with a good product.
Sidecars in general do handle like Sh-t. Grandkids love 'em. Mpg goes down, bike mechanical wear goes up. It's all a trade off. Mine just sits now since the wife is no longer a sidecar passenger. Solo they aren't much fun.
They are great conversation starters though. Be prepared for all sorts of interested folks at gas stops. I've been stopped on the freeway and side streets by folks who wanted to look and chat.:yesnod:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great job - looks very nicely done!! Now, I just need to make sure that my golden retriever/school's mascot doesn't see it or I'll be having to get one for my bike as well. Does it come with a set of leather goggles, too? I think we need another photo with the rider/passenger appropriately attired and ready to ride sitting on/in it! Well done!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts