StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a good mount. I tried to mount it on the crash bars and on the frame sliders, neither worked. In fact the crash bars were so bad the video made me feel like I had my head in a paint shaker. The camera actually vibrated loose from its mount on the bars and I ended up videotaping my knee. The hand guards work great, no vibes and when not videoing all that remains is the base. I can reach the camera while under way and the video is clear and still with none of the bike in the shots. Used a ram diamond base with industrial 2 sided tape and SS 10/24 hardware. This won’t go anywhere. The camera is an ION Cool Cam HD recorder. Basic, waterproof, simple one switch operation. Very light and holds up to 7 hours of HD video on a 32 gig micro sd card. E Bay, 29.00 from NY camera. The SD card cost more than the camera.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That's a very unique mounting location. Don't think I've seen a cam mounted in that location. Should provide a clear view of the road ahead in your videos.

I've had good luck with attaching my GoPro to the side of my helmet. I was concerned it might catch the wind and transmit more wind noise inside the helmet, but it doesn't. I like the fact that the video follows the direction my head is pointed, so if I see some cager doing something stupid, I'll have it on video. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts