StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Camped through New England up into Canada back in the 70's. Forgot what a beautiful area it is. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice video Ed,,,,,you're right in my backyard, I never get tired of seeing them........TD

·
Registered
101 Posts
A great video you have some nice scenery over there....though you did nearly give me a heart attack in the first 10 seconds of the vid.

You set off riding on the left hand side of the road ( which is the correct/ normal side:thumbup: for over here in oz)
Then at the junction you turn right as the black vehicle is coming from your right.........my heart was in my mouth for a moment until I realized you drive on the wrong side of the road over there :thumbdown:and to my relief you joined the road safely:thumbup:.....

Thanks again for your vid it was great viewing.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've always driven on the wrong side to spite the King & Queen :thumbup:

How is the riding in Australia? I'd love to get there some day.

A great video you have some nice scenery over there....though you did nearly give me a heart attack in the first 10 seconds of the vid.

You set off riding on the left hand side of the road ( which is the correct/ normal side:thumbup: for over here in oz)
Then at the junction you turn right as the black vehicle is coming from your right.........my heart was in my mouth for a moment until I realized you drive on the wrong side of the road over there :thumbdown:and to my relief you joined the road safely:thumbup:.....

Thanks again for your vid it was great viewing.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
We've always driven on the wrong side to spite the King & Queen :thumbup:

How is the riding in Australia? I'd love to get there some day.
I live in Western Australia Its been too hot for me to ride, i always wear full protective gear,just in case!
it's cooling down now so I will get out for more rides,the roads are nice once you get away from the towns, I've not lived here long I'm originally from the UK where it was the oppersite....too bloody cold and wet to ride. But the scenery was better, nice and green, here it's the oppersite in most places....sand and red dust roads, but if you stick to the main roads it's a nice ride.

I'm planning to ride across to Melbourne / Phillip island for the moto gp or wsb but can't find anybody that will go with me.

I've always had sports bikes but they are not suited to the roads here or I don't think they are some may disagree? So about 6 months ago I bought the vstrom and I prefer it now to the sports bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The vstrom sounds like a great choice for your roads. I hope that you get someone to ride with you to the East Coast. How long a ride is it?

I live in Western Australia Its been too hot for me to ride, i always wear full protective gear,just in case!
it's cooling down now so I will get out for more rides,the roads are nice once you get away from the towns, I've not lived here long I'm originally from the UK where it was the oppersite....too bloody cold and wet to ride. But the scenery was better, nice and green, here it's the oppersite in most places....sand and red dust roads, but if you stick to the main roads it's a nice ride.

I'm planning to ride across to Melbourne / Phillip island for the moto gp or wsb but can't find anybody that will go with me.

I've always had sports bikes but they are not suited to the roads here or I don't think they are some may disagree? So about 6 months ago I bought the vstrom and I prefer it now to the sports bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts