StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People,
I will probably have to represent my lovely bride at her nephew's graduation in Memphis (she has to be at her niece's graduation in Greenville NC) this Spring (I know, I got the best part of the deal). At any rate, it seems a waste of travel time not to make a trip out of it. So hep me. I thought I would backroad it across Tenn. to Vicksburg Nat'l. Battle Ground, go to the Shiloh Battlegound, then to Memphis. Suggestions from TWO (Suches GA basically south of Chat'nga TN) for good east to west (mostly) will be greatly appreciated. What do you think? I thought I'd ask you before guessing on the maps.
Thanks, El Brown

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey El, from southwest va I pick up US11/US70 just southwest of Knoxville and take Tn 96 from Liberty to Murfreesboro, 96 to Franklin and get on the Natchez trace just west of nashville. Get off the Trace at Jackson, Miss and just a short trip to Vicksburg, I have taken US 72 from Chattanooga to Cherokee, Al and got on the Trace north of Tupelo. If you decide to take the Trace, stop at French Camp about half way from Tupelo to Jackson and get a slice of Mississippi Mud Cake. enjoy, MGK

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you looked at taking Hwy. 64 all the way to Memphis? One day I hope to take it all the way from The Outherbanks to AZ. Looks like it would make a great backroad getaway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_64 When you leave Memphis, ride the Great River Road down to Vicksburg and then ride the Natchez Trace to Nashville. Damn, now I want to go.:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts