StromTrooper banner
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Rikmos,

That's good to hear. I have just over 300 miles on my L8 650XT, I just started to develop a buzz around 5200 RPM, sounds like a plastic, maybe the Givi Crash bars I put on, but they feel stout otherwise. I'm just chalking it up to the Engine/Bike break in at this point. Just picked up the Service Manuel, so at 600 Miles I'll do the proper Inspection, Oil Change, and Torque of applicable nuts and Bolts. Figure this machine just needs to work out the kinks....Ride Safe..SB
Check the O-ring in the center joint and the torque at all mounting points Givi is an Italian word meaning "she who buzzes from 4800-6000 rpm."

·
Registered
36 Posts
G’day all. My 2019 XT 650 is doing the same. The first owner, who I bought it from had fitted Grip Puppies to the handgrips. That probably means the issue has been there for a while. Being an XT the crash bars were standard so I don’t know whether they differ from Givi bars or not. When riding and I touch the left bar, the vibe is very pronounced around the 4,750 - 5,000rpm mark. It is still there at a higher frequency at higher revs but the harmonic vibe is worse at that rev range.
A mate who has a CB500X has mentioned the same problem on their forums and said some have relieved or cured the problem by loosening the mounting bolts for the crash bars and progressively tightening them to the required torque.
Apparently, the problem can be made worse by fully tensioning one side and trying to sort the other side individually.….
It must be done gradually and equally, each side in sequence.
I will have a crack at this, this afternoon and report back here as to how i went.
I'd be interested in knowing how that changes things on your bike. I did find that the proper spec on the thrust adjusters seems to help, although I haven't gotten around to tossing the engine bars back on. I am fairly happy with how it is now and don't want to mess with it too much so as of now they are staying off.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts