StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used my DL1000ABS for one year now and still can't get rod of vibrations in the saddle. They are present from about 3000 rpm and upwards. Seems like the oem-silencer tends to tame the slightly. Now I have a MiVV Storm slipon and its fitted with the oem rubber damper in the subframe. The trottles has been synched but no improvement. :crying2:
Changing the rubbers under tha saddle could perhaps help? :nerd:

Any suggestions/tips are welcome! :smile2:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Sometimes crash bars , if you have them, can cause this. Others may dispute this but I have found it to be true.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Taking off OEM crashbars made a big difference for me. Till then vibrations were really bad. Using sliders now, by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
When you say it happens from 3000rpm and up, is that repeatable when the bike is not moving? Just rev the engine and see if it vibrates.

If it only happens when bike is moving, it is unlikely to be the engine.

Have you swapped out the wheels yet? It could be a wheel balancing issue. Try inserting dynabeads and see if it smooths out. Maybe your wheel lost a weight somewhere or is worn strangely.

Also check alignment of the back wheel, you can do the string test for that.

One guy on these forums said he had vibration that was caused by his 16t aftermarket front sprocket, but I have it on my bike now and don't notice anything, but it's something to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts