StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, have recently had a vibration noise develop over the last 24 hrs on my 2008 DL650. It sounds like a tinny exhaust baffle vibration when I hit higher revs above 7000rpm. I checked my skid plate, oil cooler shield, radiator shield and nothing is loose there. Any other ideas what I might check?

·
Registered
702 Posts
That's the motor. hahahaha Just being a smart ass. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I've only had my Wee above 7k rpm once or twice so I'm not qualified to say what this might be, but being one of the original smart asses, I had to jump in...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing...

·
Registered
211 Posts
GIVI crash bars? Those are notorious for vibration, check the slip joint in front of the head.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the SW Motech bars but I will go out and tighten the bolts on them just to make sure. I gave them a shake and they didn't rattle but that might not mean anything. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi Canadiandad ,
I'd recheck everything again using a rubber hammer ( just tap lightly ) shaking them will not make the parts vibrate like when the motor is running , also check the gap between the sumpguard and the exhaust header pipes you may have a stone jammed in there or the gap may be too small and they are hitting when the motor is running and the guard vibrates. I had to lower my sumpguard because of this .
Ozzy Strom

P.s. I'd check the rest of the exhaust / bike you may have a rock or something sitting elsewhere making the noise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a similar noise that turned out to be the previous owner had left off one of the isolation grommets on the front right fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts