StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I carried out some vibration trouble shooting on my strom today and found that the rectifier on the RH engine side of the bike was fluttering like crazy at 6000 rpm. Basically the rectifier is held in place with two bolts and attached to a bracket as per the diagram below. Without the bike even running if I flicked the corner of the rectifier it would ring like a bell. This is due to the long bracket basically acting like a guitar string. Item 5 is the rectifier and item 6 is the bracket.

I sorted this out by putting a layer of hydro turf (jetski matting 4mm) between the rectifier and bracket. The bike no longer has any crazy high freq vibes at 6k. It is definitely worth a quick check and the rectifier is very accessible. The bracket is a crap heatsink as it gets radiant heat from the engine so I'm not worried about heat transfer from the rectifier to the bracket. The fins provide adequate cooling so all good.

V650.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I've always had some intense vibrations a weird RPM's and just assumed it was the big block tires. Definitely worth a check!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts