StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of PWD highway pegs on the his skidplate setup and they seem to vibrate a good amount going down the road. Anyone else have this setup and came up with something that might reduce the vibration? Maybe sandwich both sides of the pegs with rubber washers? I was thinking maybe garden hose washers but not sure it would really make any difference. Can't hurt to try I guess. Also thought about wrapping the pegs with something that would soften them up. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Tough problem to solve, I think.

Your skid plate is mounted to a set of bars that vibrate. The Pat Walsh pegs or bars do not vibrate.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I was surprised by the vibes when I first put them on and used them. Don't notice it as much now. I just enjoy the foot massage.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
...tightened mine down snug and that solved the issue for me.
Did the very same thing here, been good to go ever since.

I did pick up a highly annoying rattle at a very specific RPM range at one time and eventually tracked it down to the footpeg mounting hardware. Easily fixed by tightening, so its another reason to keep it snug.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone have experience with vibration level of the Dan Vesel highway pegs that mount stand alone and independent of crash bars?
I have a set of VD Hwy pegs and they do vibrate at higher rpm... i just used some old tubes wrapped around the mounting area and made sure they were tight!! so far so good. i'll really get to test them on my ride to Albuquerque, NM this july.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have PWD bars and pegs. My pegs rattle as well, but only when deployed. My solution, tighten as much as possible and when not using them fold them up. Problem solved. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts