1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts

The Pregnant Guppy - Kinda goin' after this daringly avant garde look?.......Turn your Strom into a V-Guppy!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His current goal regarding streamlining is to break 70 MPG at 70 MPH into a 30 MPH (IIRC) headwind carrying 4 bags of groceries. His most recent attempt got him 69.something into a 34 mph headwind. He was on the most recent Side Stand Up show talking about it.

If you're looking for mileage his ideas may not be pretty but they are producing results.

He did say he'll have his Helix streamliner at Mid-Ohio for Vintage Bikes July 9th - 11th. I may end up going anyway so I'll see what this thing looks like live and in person.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Fugly ... very fugly

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
A victory for feminists.

I think this would enable more women to operate V-Stroms in places under sharia law.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
In case you haven't noticed we ride Stroms...

I tend to like the whole function over form thing. If I didn't I'd be riding a cruiser. :biggrinjester:
Notice that I didn't criticize it's appearance.

I've parked in front of reflective glass, I know what I look like on my bike, that thing could only be an improvement.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Notice that I didn't criticize it's appearance.

I've parked in front of reflective glass, I know what I look like on my bike, that thing could only be an improvement.
I hear ya, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. It would be pretty cool to have the power of the 1K, the mileage of the Wee and the tip over protection of a Sherman tank!

And don't forget, you paint that thing and you'll hardly notice it!

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
That would be awesome in the colder months.

The warm ones, in stop & go traffic...not so much...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
SideStanUp had Craig Vetter on to talk about his latest designs. I believe he was on the April 6 and June 22 shows. He is an interesting guy. His Alcan design is an interesting experiment. His products are known for being very easy to install. No matter the fugliness, I'd bolt something to my bike that would improve mileage by darn near 50 percent.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Oh jeeeze, he's getting senile. :green_lol:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm all for function over form, that's why I ride the V-Strom. If you are going to change the form, at least make it ruggedly attractive in some way. The only way I'd be interested in that would be if it increaed my fuel mileage by 30%. The Vetter Alcan fairing looks like what someone would chop together from WW2 scrap metal in the 40's, or 50's era "dustbin" fairings. Looks like it would be "interesting" (in a bad way) in a crosswind too.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Jeeezzz, Steve... That's gotta be the f'ugliest thing I've ever seen hanging off a Strom. Except for myself, of course...

·
Registered
251 Posts
well.............

It's good to see some new young guy come up with an idea that may improve things? Whats his name again Vetter something?

Flint :jawdrop:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts