StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, early May and the winter has set in 0-13 is the norm now,the bikes are in the shed and the footy is on the tele,tim tams and a cuppa time,boy it's quiet,any one rugging up and riding?::mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I will be.

When I get the ankle sorted. :headbang:

And I ride to work even through winter [barring storms when I'm leaving to go to work, I don't mind getting wet on the homeward trip but not keen on spending all day working wet].

·
Registered
48 Posts
The oxford is great but even with the barkbusters my fingertips still get a bit cold in the thin leather gloves. Tomorrow I will try in my slightly thicker kevlar gloves.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The oxford is great but even with the barkbusters my fingertips still get a bit cold in the thin leather gloves. Tomorrow I will try in my slightly thicker kevlar gloves.
Mate grab a pair of the very thin lightweight inner gloves from the outdoor center,[polypropylene] they work a treat.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I havent been on the bike for over 8 weeks, hoping to get out for a run soon :furious:
Ist January is the last time I road and had a great blast up MAquarie pass with a couple of mates one on a truimph Speed triple 1050 ,the other on a very special Hond SP 51 , bloody hard to keep up with them but when I arrived at the pie shop I had the cold beer on ice in the top box that they did not know about ,so speed up the pass did not matter . Sorry to the oncomming cars that were surprised as we overtook cars , etc It was a basically balls to the wall riding with boots scraping etc .

I have been too crook with Hooping cough etc then a trip to the USA Hopfully I will get out this week . I have to get ready for Wintersun in Mildura on the Queens Birthday weekend should be a blast .

I am looking at heated gear at the moment cause cold air and riding dose not do my lungs any good .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mate grab a pair of the very thin lightweight inner gloves from the outdoor center,[polypropylene] they work a treat.
Thanks for the tip. Sounds better than my technique last year of yelling F#&^ all the way to work. Damn I used to arrive in pain some days.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't even got out of my summer jacket yet. Gotta love Queensland :thumbup:

It is cooling down though. I woke up to 16 degrees today.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't even got out of my summer jacket yet. Gotta love Queensland :thumbup:

It is cooling down though. I woke up to 16 degrees today.
Nice one Brizz,and the Storm belted you as well :yesnod:,I'm just waiting for some lads o/s to show what winter riding is all about.:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Riding Season just starts!

Well, early May and the winter has set in 0-13 is the norm now,the bikes are in the shed and the footy is on the tele,tim tams and a cuppa time,boy it's quiet,any one rugging up and riding?::mrgreen:
Come North NOW!! Townsville daily temperature 27 to 28, drops to 18 or something if it's really cold.

I'm told many of the roads into the great Dividing Range national Parks will be open by June. Should be perfect weather for exploring the dirt roads from here to Cooktown and beyond.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Sounds better than my technique last year of yelling F#&^ all the way to work. Damn I used to arrive in pain some days.
Thermal inner gloves from a ski shop work well, bought a pair last year :yesnod:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used to use a pair of woolen gloves that I used as indoor cricket batting gloves when I had my previous bike, but those handguards really are the business. I've been off my bike recently as I shredded my fingers and gripping the bars opens up the cuts :/. Cant wait till theyve fully scarred over, but there goes my prospects as a highly paid hand model ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im riding (Bandit 1250) down to Philip Is on Wednesday to help my son who is racing his #39 Triumph 675 in Bears class of the Victorian Road race Championships on the 14/15 May.
Any of u Mexicans heading down for a look see??

·
Registered
459 Posts
The technological changes in clothing are one of the greatest things in modern biking. I've still got my leather gear from the 70's, and used to freeze even with scarves, oily wool jumpers, long wool socks and fur-lined boots and mittens. Now with thermal underwear, silk inner gloves and a touring suit with winter liners, a good helmet and waterproof, lined boots I can ride in warmth and comfort all day, even when it's wet. Handguards and Oxford heated grips are worth their weight in gold. And it is all relatively cheap, even the 'expensive' stuff, in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
486 Posts
commute to work everyday, no matter the weather. We've had frosts every morning the last few days, if you have any gaps and not covered correctly you'll know about it.
I've taken my handguards off and was shocked the difference they make, I haven't used my winter gloves since my old sports bikes I used to ride, I've been using my intermediates with the oxford.

My shot of being in the snow is not as good as Rod's he did sometime ago, but here's mine coming back from a rally couple of years ago at dead horse gap.

·
Super Moderator
4,604 Posts
It's now getting cool enough to want to ride!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts