StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my last full tank of gas (2017XT) I made 550 km (342 miles) which converts to 3.6 l per 100 km (65 miles per US gallon). Easy riding (this time) but still pretty amazing. On the half of the new fill up I'm at 3.4l/100km. Seems to me it is capable to do 600km on full tank if you take it very easy riding back roads.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, it's amazing. I've been checking my mileage every time I gas up for years and I average 65 mpg US on my '09 Wee. I don't ride slower than anyone I ride with, maybe less aggressive acceleration, possibly. I think it's due more to where I ride - back road cruising at 4K RPM, no traffic or traffic lights, minimal fast (75+ MPH) highway riding. This combined that 87 octane is the recommended fuel, the Wee is a cheap date.

Reactions: Nicad

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, it's amazing. I've been checking my mileage every time I gas up for years and I average 65 mpg US on my '09 Wee. I don't ride slower than anyone I ride with, maybe less aggressive acceleration, possibly. I think it's due more to where I ride - back road cruising at 4K RPM, no traffic or traffic lights, minimal fast (75+ MPH) highway riding. This combined that 87 octane is the recommended fuel, the Wee is a cheap date.
Are you using ethanol-free fuel? I've been in the break-in period for a month and getting around 45 mpg, on 87 ethanol-free. Ethanol-free is 30%+ more expensive so I may switch to E10 "normal" gasoline. That mpg is 90% stop-and-go suburban traffic driving.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Are you using ethanol-free fuel? I've been in the break-in period for a month and getting around 45 mpg, on 87 ethanol-free. Ethanol-free is 30%+ more expensive so I may switch to E10 "normal" gasoline. That mpg is 90% stop-and-go suburban traffic driving.
I don't run ethanol free fuel. I think the 90% stop & go traffic is the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts