StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
A little is normal. Both the top and bottom of the shock have rubber inserts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still have play in the upper mount of the rear shock. Is that normal on the Wee? From the parts diagram the bushing isn't able to be replaced. With the bike on the centerstand if I pull up on the swingarm there is some movement in the top shock mount.

·
38,104 Posts
I don't see any movement in mine but I have an after market shock. You might want to take it apart and see if you can figure out where the movement is. Did you get the bike new?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike has around 9k on it. Bought it used. Going to be putting some knobbies on this week I will pull the shock and have a look. I know the movement is in the upper eye mount, I can see it move.

·
38,104 Posts
I wonder if the previous owner changed the top bolt for one that was too small. This is a strange case.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I pull the top bolt would I be able to swing the shock back far enough to inspect the hole and bolt?

·
38,104 Posts
Mine needed to be pulled downward due to the ABS system so I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pulled the bolt today and there is a bit of play (bolt is a bit sloppy in the holes) in both the shock mount and the frame mount. Don't have a micrometer but I'm assuming it's the stock bolt because it has white marking paint on it still with a P,6,9 or something that looks like one of those on the head of it. Diameter should be 10mm correct? None of the holes look oblonged or anything.

·
38,104 Posts
That bolt should not have an unusual amount of play around it. The alloy mount should pinch the upper shock bushing tightly. Some people have trimmed the bushings on replacement shocks because they were so hard to position. The fiche says it is an M10x70 with threads only on the end. There should be no threads where the shock bushing rests. All that being said, as long as the bolt and bushing fit the 10mm description and the bolt is properly torqued, I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts