StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the 2012 DL650 could be and probably is one of the best bikes made.I previosly had a 2008 Wee but this new model has and does everything so much better.If i wanted to change bikes it would be a difficult choice what to go for next.

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
this new model has and does everything so much better

Oh, yeah? Where's the self canceling turn indicators? And the electric windshield?
So much is missing .....:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Everything under the sun

When I was looking at the V-Strom, everyone said "If you choose the Suzuki, it's an intellectual choice [based on decent mileage, comfort, versatility, utility, and previously less-than-ideal looks]... it's not a passionate choice." But clearly the bike has always had great qualities, and now it just has more of them, including great looks. I tried every other bike I could over a period of 2 months. The V-Strom was the first and the last bike I tried. When I tried it after all the others, I made my choice for the Strom (honestly, I was very tempted by the Tiger 800), and it's pretty much everything I expected and need from a bike. AND summer's on it's way!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had too many bikes to count. I will say that the Strom is a great choice that in my mind requires very little sacrifice or compromise. My most recent adventure bike was a 2011 BMW R1200GSA and I own a 2002 BMW K1200LT. My Wee is less and MORE at the same time. I like it better than any bike in recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
99 Posts
Me too. However, every bike I've ever owned, was the best bike I ever owned, when I owned it. They just keep making them better and better. :hurray:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree completely, bikes have become very reliable machines and the choices available means you do not have to settle.

The new Vstrom started as a cautious like and I have grown more fond of it as I put on the miles. I think this is the beginning of another great relationship.

Me too. However, every bike I've ever owned, was the best bike I ever owned, when I owned it. They just keep making them better and better. :hurray:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts