StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Versa Haul? Anyone used a Versa Haul (hitch mounted carrier) to haul thier Strom? We have a small old motorhome. the wife won't ride except when there is no traffic, or camping. I use it to haul the DRZ. But the DRZ won't haul both of us. So the versa haul would be nice. any experience. I have the 2 bike version. Never used it for 2 bikes. It has a 600 lbs total weigh rating, and 500lbs per rack rating. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
You may want to check the manufacturer's site or the paperwork that came with it - I have the smaller, one-bike type and it's very specific about not carrying street-type bikes - perhaps because of the closeness my single-rack carrier has to the body of the truck. Check to see if there's enough clearance from the closer rack to the body of your RV. I would not put the 'Strom on the second rack (i.e. further from the body), as that would probably put too much stress on the carrier - it was probably designed with about 250 lbs being loaded out there, not 440.

Given the challenge I've had getting the dirt bikes (at 230 lbs) onto one of those, I'd be reeeally cautious about getting a 'Strom onto the rack. You might want to carry some kind of sturdy milk crates or other step/platform that would allow you to step up and keep yourself at the same height as the bike as you get it onto the rack and hold it while somebody else secures it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may want to check the manufacturer's site or the paperwork that came with it - I have the smaller, one-bike type and it's very specific about not carrying street-type bikes - perhaps because of the closeness my single-rack carrier has to the body of the truck. Check to see if there's enough clearance from the closer rack to the body of your RV. I would not put the 'Strom on the second rack (i.e. further from the body), as that would probably put too much stress on the carrier - it was probably designed with about 250 lbs being loaded out there, not 440.

Given the challenge I've had getting the dirt bikes (at 230 lbs) onto one of those, I'd be reeeally cautious about getting a 'Strom onto the rack. You might want to carry some kind of sturdy milk crates or other step/platform that would allow you to step up and keep yourself at the same height as the bike as you get it onto the rack and hold it while somebody else secures it.
Good points. I only use one rack on it. The other sits in the garage. Havn't had much problem getting my DRZ on and off. It weighs 320 lbs. I will check the site, thought I have seen on thier site pix of street bikes on the hauler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts