StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note.

I am not absolutely sure but it would appear that the entire campground was wiped out by Irene.

Additionally many places we went are also wrecked and bridges out.

There are pictures of the highway rt 107 in the area of the camprground that was washed away right to the hillside.

Here is a linky to pictures from local paper the 107 area is about photo 60 to 65

Herald Photos | 2011 Flood

God's speed

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for posting this......... I have been in contact with the Killington, VT command center. I am from Western NC and heading up that way to assist with clean up and private property bridge building (my trade). In addition to trucking equipment I will be taking my travel trailer to stay in (recommendations on where I can hook up to water and electricity are welcome, I will also need some yard space to store materials for bridge building).

I will have my Rokon, 4-wheeler and Wee for quick commutes back to NC. Can someone recommend a dealer or service center for the Wee....... probably need a new rear tire soon and general service.

Mainly need a few contacts till I get to know people there for possible labor assistance (paid), trucking and crane services will also be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PM or write directly to [email protected]

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks Richard. I heard an interview on CNN with someone who lived in Gaysville after the storm saying they were cut off, so I assumed the bridge at the campground entrance was washed out. If the bridge was washed out, there wouldn't have been much of the campground that would be unaffected.

·
Registered
22,312 Posts
Thanks Richard. I heard an interview on CNN with someone who lived in Gaysville after the storm saying they were cut off, so I assumed the bridge at the campground entrance was washed out. If the bridge was washed out, there wouldn't have been much of the campground that would be unaffected.

the store/office area is on high enuf ground, I don't believe it washed away

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts