StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am headed up to Vermont and plan to ride through the green mountains. I was going to attempt to head over Mount Tabor but figured I should check in here first. I am planning to go over using MT Tabor Road and "Season Forestry Rd" along with several other unpaved roads. Are there any areas that or roads I should avoid on my Wee2 or Glee? Note, I am still running the stock tires. I am not looking to tear through the place, I just want to enjoy a beautiful ride through the mountains.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Mt. Tabor Road is awesome and very rideable. Nothing crazy at all, just smooth dirt. It's super lovely.

Make sure you also include the Stratton-Arlington Road (just south of the Mt. Tabor road). It's really nice too.

If you need some GPS tracks, PM me.

pmk

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the fast reply!

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Don't know your distances but you cannot be far off Mount Washington

Worth the view if the day is nice...you have to look at the site to make sure it's open to motorcycles....they have this wind problem.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but Mount Washington will be quite far from where I am headed.

Three day trip:

Day one: New Haven, CT to Brattleboro, VT via as many dirt roads as I can find, including the trans mass trail.
Day two: Ride around the green mountain national forest including forest service roads and the such.
Day three: Brattleboro to New Haven in a similar fashion as day one.

I fully expect to arrive at my destination each day as the sun is coming down.

When I do a white mountain trip (springtime maybe) I will be headed up Mount Washington if allowed. Or, I could probably mount washington on the wing in a day... Hmmmm?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tnkrplt - thanks! I am incorporating this and other tracks into my ride. Can't do it all this time but I want to get a good ride in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts