StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling it F' The Super Bowl ride because I have been boycotting all NFL and taking a knee.
I know there are riders in the Vegas area because I see you out on the roads, but do not know you.
So if you rather ride instead of watch over paid crybabies run around with a ball and go get some fresh air and lunch lets meet up.
Going to be heading over to Oatman Arizona on Route 66.
The group will meet and roll from Chevron at Horizon Ridge n 95 S (26 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89012) with a stands up and roll time of 10am.
At Overton the ride is done and return route is up in the air.
I have back issues and will see how Im doing at that point, if I need to do a quick return or a longer more fun route.
SO your welcome to stick with and we plan out at lunch or plan your own ride from there.
I have cross posted on a few different places and do not know how many will show like my New Years Ride, so the group may go in several different directions after eating.
You can always just join for part of the trip and return when ready and catch the game.
Anyone in?
Mike

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will miss you both!
Trying to get the endurance back for warmer weather and meet up with both of you for lunch.
Also so I’ll be able to do some riding on our trip to Hawaii.
Mike

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
i know on Maui there were motorcycle rentals of Harleys. Somne how a big heavy lumpy bike that that didn't appeal to me for Island riding. I didn't really check but a 250 dual sport seems like it'd be a funner ride. It's not like there many high speed places. Mostly narrow 2 lane stuff and quite a bit of it twisty.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I rented a Sportster in Oahu and spent the day wishing I was on something else. But...I still had fun, and and can say I've ridden in all 50 states.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Oye, the Ural. Pricey for a 55 mph device. A BMW with a Ural sidecar is a better choice. My 80/7 with a Ural car would cruise at 70 with no effort with an R65 rear end.
Mind the rear ends and trans take a toll. I've had transmission grenade at inopportune times.
The driven sidecar wheel is a great idea though.
When I installed the R100 engine I had a real goer. I could pull hills no problem even when pulling a Kwik Kamp trailer.
Mind the mileage take a toll. I got a 10 gallon gas tank and the worst mpg I got was 22 mpg at 70 in a head wind so I still had a 220 mile range.
I've seen some Ural chairs modified to take 2 kids tandem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts