StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Vendor
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a persistent slow drip of requests for a fender raising kit for the Vee2. I am pretty sure the fender can be raised 0.45" to 0.5" without changing the brake lines, but it would require multiple small machined parts to accomplish the spacing.

After removing the the front axle and probably the wheel, the parts would be secured from the backside (inside) of the existing mounts.

I am sure this would be a low volume part, but thought I would ask how much interest there is.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
There has been a persistent slow drip of requests for a fender raising kit for the Vee2. I am pretty sure the fender can be raised 0.45" to 0.5" without changing the brake lines, but it would require multiple small machined parts to accomplish the spacing.

After removing the the front axle and probably the wheel, the parts would be secured from the backside (inside) of the existing mounts.

I am sure this would be a low volume part, but thought I would ask how much interest there is.
Raising the fender up is certainly needed for even casual dirt riding. I can hear the rocks dragging along the inside of the fender, sometimes even on the street.
I think a half inch would be just about right.
Removing the front wheel to install the kit would not deter me.
Mark me interested / likely.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Rick,
I'm in for a kit. Do you have an approximate timeline? I'd like to get mine done before mid Spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would most definitely be interested. Great news to hear that you might be coming up with something for that fender. Today is a Good day, sitting here waiting for my kids to come home from school and my first package to arrive from Adventure Tech.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Raising the fender up is certainly needed for even casual dirt riding. I can hear the rocks dragging along the inside of the fender, sometimes even on the street.
This happens a lot, I can only imagine what it is doing underneath. Put me down for one.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I too would like the increase front fender clearance on my '15 650XT. Lots of noise up front while moving stones through that tight space. That cross-over brake line is a little weird / limiting. '80 BMW has a splitter box under the tank and a separate line down to each of the dual calipers. Running Avon TrailRiders and it would only get worse with anything with a more aggressive tread.

·
Vendor
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm half way there on the Vee2. The front part of the kit is now designed and a prototype built. It's a little more complicated than you might think. Pics to follow. The back piece is equally challenging to make.

Now the really good news. A local wee owner has offered to park his bike in my shop for a while.

I had already designed a fender riser for the two Wees but got interupted by our move. I'll get it finalized while I have the Wee on hand. Should work well for both the Wee and Wee2.

·
Registered
168 Posts
"Slotted mounting holes" - Does that mean the fender mounting holes? Just want to understand your application. THX
Yep, just a quick dremel job, elongated all the fender mounting holes and moved up the fender. Not that much more room, but better than stock clearance. Thinking of going with double front brake lines to get rid of crossover line mounted to front fender.

·
Vendor
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Our Galfer kits are all double front lines.

Sorry, now to let a little enthusiasm out of the subject for the Wee owners. You can not raise the front fender and use any of the currently available fork braces. Existing clearance between the fork brace and fender is about 1/16" to 1/8". So you can have your choice between a fork brace and fender raising kit. I will still make it, but you may want to weigh the advantages of both.

My buddy Ramjet took his brace off a 2012 DL650 to install an expensive aftermarket higher fender. After two weeks he took the expensive fender off, put the stock fender back on, and reinstalled the fork brace because he missed the brace.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts