StromTrooper banner

Vee to Wee

2089 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  ST114ME
Hi all,

Im thinking about going from the Vee to the Wee. Has anyone here made the switch and what are your thoughts??

Thank you,

Mark
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7,576 Posts
Mark,

What is your goal when considering the switch?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My commute is 80 miles a day. I love the power of the Vee, but rarely use it. I have put around 2500 on my current Vee and cant remember the last time I was over 7K RPM. I just dont use it. Ive owned 3 DL 1000 over the past 5 years and loved the bike.

I have a 2011 Yamaha Grizzly Ive been trying to get rid of. Basically I have to many toys. I have a deal for a trade on a the ATV for the 2011 wee. If I do the trade Ill get rid of the Vee. That will leave me with one bike. Im just a bit concerned that Ill miss the power, but then again I rarely use it. I am not into busting 100 every day. My avaerage speed to work is 75-80. I dont want to feel like Im struggling on the slab. Ive never ridden a Wee so I thought id ask about it here. Sat on it the other day and it made my VEE feel like a tank.

Plus better MPG!!

· Registered
527 Posts
Can't address the V to Wee but can say my Wee is very comfortable at freeway speeds and all around riding is great. I went one tooth up on the CS sprocket which dropped the RPMs about 300 at speed. I've ridden 2 up in mountains, etc, with no problems.

It's of course not going to have the V power, but keep the RPM's in the zone and just keep getting 50 mpg.

· Registered
121 Posts
Not a Vee, but sold my SV1000N (same engine as Vee) to get my Wee. Don't miss the SV1000 at all. Engine had more grunt but it also was far less smooth, made annoying chatter..etc.

If you want 100-120mph bursts, then you'll want to keep the Vee. If that's not a big deal, Wee all the way.

· Registered
352 Posts
My wee is smooth and easily cruises up to an indicated 90 mph. (never tried it faster) It's all the power I need and generally all that I want.

You could do the trade and not sell the Vee until you have some time on the Wee.

· Registered
297 Posts
My Wee is my first bike but in researching the best bike to start with I did read that the Wee keeps up with the Vee on trips. Big difference is the Wee driver did have more shifting to keep the power going. But weight capacity is less I believe as previous posters started.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Update,

Traded the Grizzly in for the Wee. Paid MSRP $8099 but I was a bit under the Grizzly so Im happy anyway. So now I have a Vee and a Wee, what a problem to have HUH. Ill be posting the Vee for sale later tonight on the forum. BTW the WEE is the Blacked out version.

Mark

· Registered
77 Posts
I sold my Vee and bought a Wee. Just got it a couple weeks ago. It is only 50 lbs lighter but it feels as though that 50 lbs was on the gas cap!
The vee never ran right and I did all kinds of fixes and mods to try to get it to run right. (3500 rpm stumble) I know , just keep the revs up and .... But you should not have to.....
The Wee runs flawlwss and any RPM, feels much lighter and more nimble. Has plenty of go, especially in the upper RPM. That 300 miles /tank thing aint bad either.
Dumped the Vee, got a Wee ..... will never look back!

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Never had a Vee but looked before buying my Wee back in '05. Talked to a lot of folks who owned one or the other. The honest ones could tell you the strengths and weakness of each. Currently I have a Wee (my '05 I got new) and a Triumph Tiger 1050. So, I can tell you the difference between a 1000cc bike and a 650cc bike.

I like both, each has its place. I still love riding my Wee after six years. Also still riding it even after getting off the Tiger. The Tiger 1050 is one sweet bike...ride one if you get the chance. But still the Wee has its place. There are things I like about the Wee and it never disappoints me. It has plenty of power, especially for solo rider. It feels lighter and handles better. Its darn stingy on fuel and seems pretty bullet proof.

Just my $ .02 worth.

· Premium Member
553 Posts
I went from a Wee to a V then a few other bikes and finally back to a Wee.

The extra power in the V makes it a bit more fun to hop on the throttle. And, for me, the V was a more planted and relaxed ride on the highway. The infamous "shudder" on the V was a PIA. Although, a new clutch basket and a Power Commander did help to elimiate the shudder.

My reasons for going back to the Wee in order of significance:
1. ABS. This is a must-have for now on.
2. Smoother engine,
3. 15 MPG better than the V,
4. Much nicer to cruise around town (slow and relaxed) at a low RPM.

· Registered
516 Posts
A Wee with a 16T CS sprocket is all you will ever need while you will get 50mpg +. Rode mine 800 miles last week. It's a no brainer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.