StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted this in Maintenance but didn't get any bites so figured I'd re-post here.

Can anyone tell me, with certainly, if the top triple clamp from a Vee will fit on a Wee? I am speculating that the fork tube diameter and the offset of the clamp (Vee vs Wee) will be the determining factors?

I ask because I want to go to fat handlebars and also want to raise the height, but don't want to go the popular adapter/riser route. The DL 1000 top clamp is a two piece unit with seperate handlebar mounts, and I can pick up offset fatbar mounts all over the net.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I can't answer your question, I did see it in the other section.

I'm surprised Greywolf hasn't replied to your query, he must be out riding for a change. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I don't know about wees and vees, but I've swapped plenty of steering and suspension bits from one suzuki to another (like gsxr bits onto older gs, or tlr bits onto older gs, or more recent gs bits onto older gs).

I've never had problems fitting anything, but a buddy of mine ended up welding a newer steering head onto one of his older frames to get somethign to work.

My guess it it'll work, but why bother? Are fat bars any better?

If you want adjustability, a buddy of mine has some nunchuck bars that pivot at three different points; you can get them into any position imaginable. Do you want me to ask him where he got them or what they're called?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Both bikes have 43mm fork tubes. I don't know if the spacing is the same. Try VSRI. John Weldon owns both bikes and is a top tech guy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about wees and vees, but I've swapped plenty of steering and suspension bits from one suzuki to another (like gsxr bits onto older gs, or tlr bits onto older gs, or more recent gs bits onto older gs).

I've never had problems fitting anything, but a buddy of mine ended up welding a newer steering head onto one of his older frames to get somethign to work.

My guess it it'll work, but why bother? Are fat bars any better?

If you want adjustability, a buddy of mine has some nunchuck bars that pivot at three different points; you can get them into any position imaginable. Do you want me to ask him where he got them or what they're called?
No special reason for wanting to run fat bars, other than I think they look cool, and I have several of them laying around the garage from my dirt bikes. But I do want a higher bar for comfort reasons. And on a side note, with a 2-piece top clamp, i can also get a rubber isolated bar mount.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes!

On the advise of Greywolf, I took my question to VSRI and received a definitive yes, they will swap between models. I was also given a link to an older VSRI thread showing a pretty comprehensive list I'd what is compatible between years, and models:

What parts can be swapped!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts