StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered this Vee side hack in Austin when I was riding by on a pubcrawl.

Talked to the owner. The hack was designed/built in Ohio (IIRC) with much input from owner down here. LOTS of custom work.

Completely rebuild trailing front suspension
2 into 1 custom exhaust
disk brakes on the hack
too much to explain

He says he wants to go "darkside" and I pointed him towards this site and the darkside thread.
:thumbup:
Crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discovered this Vee side hack in Austin when I was riding by on a pubcrawl.

Talked to the owner. The hack was designed/built in Ohio (IIRC) with much input from owner down here. LOTS of custom work.

Completely rebuild trailing front suspension
2 into 1 custom exhaust
disk brakes on the hack
too much to explain

He says he wants to go "darkside" and I pointed him towards this site and the darkside thread.
:thumbup:
Crazy.

IT LOOKS LIKE :mod2_shit: THE POOR VSTROM :yikes: this is a custom pile of :mod2_shit:

some examples of how they should look with side cars done by real pro custom builders.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The first question that popped into my mind was, "is it finished"? The owner sounds like a talented builder, but there's something lacking in the "fit and finish" department.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was still baffled how somebody could decide to tackle their own front suspension and hack suspension design.:confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Your road king would look awesome with a side car !!!

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Harley was making side cars for their bikes, still may.
That gob of bits in the first entry makes the Ural chaired rigs look much more elegant.
Dauntless Motors in Seattle area makes a Ural type of sidecar and Jay is very knowledgeable about set-ups.
I had a BMW/Ural rig for 20 years. It's a whole 'nother game.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
I'm thinking that Strom in first picture was in front end collision, so it was rebuilt as a springer. It would explain the look of it.

It's sad to see a bike like that. No more cornering fun. May as well drive a car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Actually, the leading link "Earls" type front suspension is a more robust design for hacks. The front end on our Stroms is a bit lacking for sidecar work. I had a leading link on my '87 Wing when I ran a hack. If any of you are in the SoCal area, the Griffith Park sidecar rally is a good place for info. I don't know if it is still around, but Hack'd magazine is also a good source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts