StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took the Vee out for a short 13 mile ride. A lot of it was in a warehouse parking lot doing tight turns and working through the gears getting used to the bike.

However 3 times as I was coming to a stop or slowing down the bike died while i was still moving. All three times I was in first gear and either stopping or slowing down to turn around.

Has this happened to anyone before?

The bike only has 33 miles on it as of now.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
What is your idle speed setting? 1100-1300rpm is the acceptable range. The usual cause of stalling is setting it too low.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Running cold it is about 1400.

·
38,103 Posts
There is a cold idle circuit and a hot idle circuit. Cold idle can run up to about 1800rpm but only in cold weather and only for under a minute. Set the idle when hot to 1100-1300. If it is idling at 1400 after a minute, and/or still dying at idle with the clutch lever in, take it back to a dealer for proper setup as it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to run up to my dealer to get my new plate so I will check then and let them know if it is not right.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hot is was at 1100.

However I think I figured it out. It was me and my lack or riding. I am pretty sure I was in a higher gear and that is why it staled.

·
38,103 Posts
Idling only occurs with the clutch lever in or the bike in neutral. If the engine dies while in gear with the lever out, chances are excellent the rider killed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts