StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Great article David, seriously considering upgrading my Vstrom. I've already been in touch with Accelerated Technologies. The cost is the only thing holding me back at this point... I could buy another bike for the cost of the suspension upgrade haha.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
two things Tenny

1) Read the other article I posted. I think the bike is worth spending money on. Even if the total outlay was the same i'd buy the suzuki over the triumph and the duke or a ktm (Honda cam close though). Simplicity and light weight are virtues

2) Depending on how much you weigh — ideally between 75 and 90 kilos, you might get away with just the compression adjuster up front and a basic Touratech or progressive shock in back. I'd buy the Touratech if you're doing a lot of two up because of the preload adjustment.

But either way, the total cost outlet would be about 1600 (you could install the shock yourself, it's not too hard.

if you weigh more or less than that amount then you might need to do the front cartridge or the Racetech thing, which will add money.

Good luck and say hello to John for me.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
two things Tenny

1) Read the other article I posted. I think the bike is worth spending money on. Even if the total outlay was the same i'd buy the suzuki over the triumph and the duke or a ktm (Honda cam close though). Simplicity and light weight are virtues

2) Depending on how much you weigh — ideally between 75 and 90 kilos, you might get away with just the compression adjuster up front and a basic Touratech or progressive shock in back. I'd buy the Touratech if you're doing a lot of two up because of the preload adjustment.

But either way, the total cost outlet would be about 1600 (you could install the shock yourself, it's not too hard.

if you weigh more or less than that amount then you might need to do the front cartridge or the Racetech thing, which will add money.

Read both articles, greatly enjoyed them :) I'm way over 90 kilos haha plus I ride 2up. I don't ride overly aggressive though so John had priced out another option for me of having them rebuild my stock shock. He gave me a few great options. I've got some time to think it over, no rush this time of year haha. I may pull my shock and mail it to him, have him rebuild it and then throw in some heavier fork springs and see how that works. It would be an improvement for sure and not nearly as expensive.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
get the compression damping adjusters as well
I'm debating buying the tourtech explore HP for the back since that is where all the weight is. Wife and I are doing a Gaspe trip this summer and I think that would make the biggest difference. The front forks I am thinking 1.1kg springs for now and then maybe next year do the setup like you have.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Explorer hP would be good lots of preload adjustability.

how much do you weigh? Not prying but 1.1 seems excessive

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
two things Tenny

I enjoyed 'the big bounce' can you/someone point me to the 'other article' you mention here?

'simplicity and light weight are virtues' probably the first spec I look for is wet weight. > 500lbs = :bom_thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
The rear shock is amazing, well worth the money! The forks still need work though,ill try the ktech clickers at some point and likely do the cartridges next year

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I enjoyed 'the big bounce' can you/someone point me to the 'other article' you mention here?

'simplicity and light weight are virtues' probably the first spec I look for is wet weight. > 500lbs = :bom_thumbsdown:
If you search his post history it should come up. It was in regards to a comfort seat and luggage setup I believe

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts