StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got my DL1000 and I am looking for people to ride with.
Anyone in the Lower Mainland who is interested in some rides or even touring?

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I'm in Queensborough. I'd love to go for a ride sometime.
We'll have to keep it short though; my school schedule is rather busy. Maybe next month when I'm done?
PM me and we'll set somethign up.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Take a ride down south next month and come to our wrench party in Enumclaw,WA.Look in the PMW section in the regional section.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Hey and welcome.

There used to be fairly regular group that rode most the year. I've just been too busy the last couple years, but maybe this summer.

That new-to-you bike doesn't happen to have Jesse bags on it does it?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi,
I just got my DL1000 and I am looking for people to ride with.
Anyone in the Lower Mainland who is interested in some rides or even touring?

All I do is ride you see a Claret Vstrom out there, its probably me on it...

drop me a PM, I do a lot of the back country around the LM if you are into that thing...

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Hay. I'm in North Delta.

I don't do too many rides with groups, but will get a few in this year for sure. Love the Duffey Lake run. Did that one twice last year.

Heading South in July for 3 weeks camping on the bike. 5600 miles. Should be a hoot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Four of us on the Sunshine Coast.

You will find us weekdays on the 6:20AM and 5:30PM ferry to and from Vancouver.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Hay. I'm in North Delta.

I don't do too many rides with groups, but will get a few in this year for sure. Love the Duffey Lake run. Did that one twice last year.

Heading South in July for 3 weeks camping on the bike. 5600 miles. Should be a hoot.
Forget Duffey, it's crap but if you insist...
I propose we head out on the first nice weekend and ride to Ossoyoos. The first leg of the trip is boring, but going North to Spence's Bridge after that is heaven. By then I'm usually tired and return via the Fraser canyon, but if you insist we can come back via Lilooet and Duffy/Whistler...
But honestly, the best riding in BC is further south and further east from there. It's worth spending a few days and bringing a tent as long as you're not afraid of rattlesnakes.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We've only had 350 MM of rain so far this year.... must a drought year.
Coldest winter in Years they said... Just meant a lot more Sunny dry days at -4.... I can ride in that no trouble....:thumbup:

Spring Newby ride by Dualsport BC is this Sunday...usually a can't miss event for me, but I will be sking the Champange powder at Big White this weekend...

Look forward to a lot of back country this season, been doing a lot of mods for that purpose...

G

·
Coldest winter in Years they said... Just meant a lot more Sunny dry days at -4.... I can ride in that no trouble....:thumbup:

......but I will be sking the Champange powder at Big White this weekend...
The weather report looks very good for Big White. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute.
I need to put some mileage on my pedal bike before I'm mistaken for the Michelin Man.
Drive safely when you head inland.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Forget Duffey, it's crap but if you insist...
I propose we head out on the first nice weekend and ride to Ossoyoos. The first leg of the trip is boring, but going North to Spence's Bridge after that is heaven. By then I'm usually tired and return via the Fraser canyon, but if you insist we can come back via Lilooet and Duffy/Whistler...
But honestly, the best riding in BC is further south and further east from there. It's worth spending a few days and bringing a tent as long as you're not afraid of rattlesnakes.
Aw come on, the Duffey is not crap, I love that loop. Highway 8 from Merritt to Spence'S Bridge is also great.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
The major problem with this thread is that it was posted in th 1k section.
I suspect the majority of BC riders straddle the six-fiddy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts