StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here and new to the V-Strom, but not so new to riding, so I figured I'd say hi.

I'm based in Vancouver. If you live in the area, reach out and say hi. It's always good to connect with like-minded people.

Bamm-Bamm

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mr B-B, there are a few Vancouver 'Strom riders on this forum but nothing compared to the number of V-Strom's I see on the roads. So, we should stay in touch, and arrange a meeting from time to time, even just to chat for a bit. Gather around in a charming corner of a gas station or some other scenic spot. Or at the plane-spotting spot at YVR.

I agree, it is nice to connect with other locals, so I hope others will check in on this thread. I'm on a white 650 and I am brighter green than a Chernobyl frog, so you'll know its me if you seem me on the road. Otherwise, Queen E park area.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr B-B, there are a few Vancouver 'Strom riders on this forum but nothing compared to the number of V-Strom's I see on the roads. So, we should stay in touch, and arrange a meeting from time to time, even just to chat for a bit. Gather around in a charming corner of a gas station or some other scenic spot. Or at the plane-spotting spot at YVR.

I agree, it is nice to connect with other locals, so I hope others will check in on this thread. I'm on a white 650 and I am brighter green than a Chernobyl frog, so you'll know its me if you seem me on the road. Otherwise, Queen E park area.
Dude,

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the reply!

I'm in Kits and I work down at UBC. You will often find me cruising around the area. Usually in a bright orange hi-viz vest, due to the quality of driver I see on our streets every day.

PM me sometime and let's grab a coffee!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
@Bamm-Bamm
Definitely will get in touch. Might be some decent days later this week, though it looks like the rainy version of Mount Doom out there now. I've given up work so I'm totally flexible in terms of time. Stay in touch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Bamm-Bamm
Definitely will get in touch. Might be some decent days later this week, though it looks like the rainy version of Mount Doom out there now. I've given up work so I'm totally flexible in terms of time. Stay in touch.
I'm hoping to get out on Thursday. No plan yet, but maybe Deep Cove and then Lions Bay for coffee.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With any luck I should be in Vancouver sometime late spring or early summer. Would love to hook up with you guys!

..Tom
Tom,

If I am around and available, I'd be happy to meet up!

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
With any luck I should be in Vancouver sometime late spring or early summer. Would love to hook up with you guys!

..Tom
I assume you're riding out?

·
Administrator
13,919 Posts
I assume you're riding out?
That would be the only way I would head out there! Just hoping their aren't closed borders between provinces or issues with locals against out of towers.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
That would be the only way I would head out there! Just hoping their aren't closed borders between provinces or issues with locals against out of towers.

..Tom
Maybe we'll get a chance to compare mileage and see if your new bike has caught up to my old one.

·
Administrator
13,919 Posts
Maybe we'll get a chance to compare mileage and see if your new bike has caught up to my old one.
I'm sure you will have a lead next summer. December was a sucky month for me rising wise (isolation for 2 weeks then snowy weather after isolation.) I haven't hit 25,000 km on it yet. (Did only total of 49,200 km of riding in 2020. ) Depends when I get there and if I can go into USA in May but odds are I might only have 50,000 or so kms when I get out there.

..Tom

·
Registered
2020 - V Storm 650XT
7 Posts
Hi,

I'm new here and new to the V-Strom, but not so new to riding, so I figured I'd say hi.

I'm based in Vancouver. If you live in the area, reach out and say hi. It's always good to connect with like-minded people.

Bamm-Bamm
Hi from SK well, I know I am far but I am thinking of riding to BC in the coming season hope to meet some new strom riders...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Bamm-Bamm
Hello Bamm Bamm, I am new to the vstrom as well, I have a wee, and live in Prince George. I too am not new to riding, have had many cruisers over the years, but this is the first adventure bike. bought it in july and made a couple tours through the kootenays, and a trip to calgary to get gel put into the seat. my season up here usually is done by end of september or first week in october. but still managed to get ten k on the bike.hopefully this covid thing will be done soon and they will open everything up again so we can go riding. do you get any riding in on the island? or the road from Van to pemberton over to cache creek and back down is a good ride. lots of day trips you can take up the Coq to logan lake over to spences Bridge and then down the canyon, always a nice ride. the kootenays are an awesome ride. the harleys pass you on the straights but you can maintain a steady buck twenty into the corners..........if yo can avoid the brake lights, lol. anyway I hope you enjoy the bike and any questions you have , you will find the answers to here. this is the best vstrom site and everyone will help you. ride safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts