StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading to the show next week. It'll be my first time and was wondering if there are usually significant deals on farkles and gear. I've placed some orders recently for a center stand, top box, windshield, helmet, etc. and wonder if I should wait for the show or continue to trust that my dealer is giving me the best prices. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Deals on parts and small pieces are best handled at the last day.Companies will sell samples and show stuff real cheap most times.Take cash,talk to the big dog and be a little quiet about what your seeking.

hope this helps,
Terry

·
Registered
148 Posts
2 years ago bonnie and I purchased some nice open face helmets for about $29. Yes, I know they were not snell , etc.. but they were HJC overstocks, so we were quite happy with them!

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
You're not going to find anything Strom-specific. If you're after centre-stands and that sort of thing, don't bother waiting for the bike show.

Gear, on the other hand, can be found for a deal.

See you there, perhaps.

There was some talk earlier of organizing a group. I'll be going, but if there's a group heading out, I'd just as soon join up as go on my own.
Last year there were quite a few Stroms parked outside, but I have no idea who they belonged to...

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
We will be going on Friday. Last year I picked up some JR Alter Ego pants. Was nice cause I got to try them on first and found out the size I would have ordered from N.E. would have been too small. Price was not bad, about the same if ordered from N.E. and paid for shipping etc. Will be looking for small odds an ends this year. Will not take my M/C. Still paying for Xmas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bonnie needs pants but she will be in TO for a University Basketball team reuinion.
She likes the 5.0 ballistic pants, but needs them in tall. Any ideas for purchase, I would like to surprise her when she comes home. She tried some on once and liked them but they were not the tall option, and showed the old ankle bone nicely when climbing on a bike at the shop.
I dont mind online, but I need the tall option.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Is this the same show they put on in Calgary and Edmonton?

If so, I didnt find any deals (or actually anything for sale to speak of) other than leather goods.

Helmets, riding jackets, helmets, etc were being displayed by distributors not dealers.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts