StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered, I did search but couldn't find anything!

I have a DL650 AK7 and have been leaking small amounts of oil from my valve timing inspection plug for some time (since the last valve check done by what I thought was a reputable mechanic!).

Because it was only a small amount of leakage I hadn't every really noticed it until this week when the leak seemed to increase, no problem I thought may just need a tighten, so I found the correct torque setting and tried to tighten but found that it wouldn't tighten at all (just rotated). I removed the plug to find that the thread had virtually completely gone from within the generator cover (so plug appears to have been overtightened at some stage).

On to my question (finally!) Is there anything I can do to either replace the plug (and tight enough not to cause a problem) or do I need to change the whole generator cover (I suspect the latter)?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments!

Jon

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I would advise replacing the cover. The rotor s very close to the bottom of the hole and makeshift solutions probably would not work well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts