StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i pulled the motor apart front and rear to do a valve clearance check. I found the front intake valves at .005 all 4 of them. and the rear valves were between .006-.007 i got some new shims nut i am unsure which ones i need. The current shims in the front and rear intake were all .286 and the rear intake had a 292,300,298,298

I got some .270's front and some .280's for the rear. Should i be using a .285 on the valve with a 300 shim.

Also when you put the cams in you do the front 2 first correct? I have a manual and i and confused on the cam insertion part. I got it back together and turned it over by hand and all sounds good. So i started it and ran fine for 5 seconds then started to misfire and i am pretty sure i have a came off a tooth. i didn't have time to finish totally so i could not tell right off which cylinder was misfiring. Any suggestions or help????

I would appreciate any help!!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that helped immensely. I found my problem was that i thought i could just reverse the processes after the rear cams were out. Well the rear cams were in correctly but the front were off. I followed the manual but for some reason i failed to make the connection with the timing mark being in the correct spot before putting the front cams back in. After i installed the rear cams just like before.....I read the next step and rotated the engine and the timing mark was down and i put the cams back in. It was kind of hard to figure out for a minute and find the dam timing mark\hole. But i got it back correctly and its running great now and the valve noise in the rear head is now gone thanks for the help guys!!!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I cleaned and marked a link of the chain and cam sprocket with a silver sharpie then used zip ties to hold the chain to the sprocket. Doing one cam at time and I did not have has much worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts