StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have searched and been to the suzuki dealer, just a really quick question as to which valve shim kit to buy as even the suzuki dealer couldn't figure out which to order :jawdrop:. Thanks in advance.

Ivan

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
For the 650, the 7.48mm diameter 1.50 - 1.75 shim refill kit is the best bet. It's rare to need a shim outside of that range, refill kits are cheaper than full kits and refill kits have more of each size than full kits.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
For the 650, the 7.48mm diameter 1.50 - 1.75 shim refill kit is the best bet. It's rare to need a shim outside of that range, refill kits are cheaper than full kits and refill kits have more of each size than full kits.
Grewolf, for posterity, and my own education, what refill kit do you figure is the best bet for the 1000?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Grewolf, for posterity, and my own education, what refill kit do you figure is the best bet for the 1000?
All I know is they use 9.48mm diameter shims. I have no idea what the typical thickness range is.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
All I know is they use 9.48mm diameter shims. I have no idea what the typical thickness range is.
:yikes:
I am shocked. I don't think I've ever known you to not have an answer at the ready. I have to rethink how the world works now.

Maybe someone from support will chime in and collate all this info in one place for the searchable future. I'm sure this would be useful info for others as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts