StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to inspect/adjust my Wee's valves. I hate to take my stuff in, I'd rather do it myself. However, I'm working insane hours. Local dealer wants $255 to do this, which sounds like alot, but not prohibitive.
I'm pretty adept at wrenching (I know- famous last words.....)

How long should this take me if I do it myself? Local dealer is close by, so I can take the cage out & get new shims pretty quick.

Thanks!

ChuckS

·
Registered
255 Posts
Her post doesn't say how to do the adjustment. I looked in the shop manual (a PDF file I have) that doesn't mention value adjustment specifically.

I'd like to do it myself also when the time comes. I'll try to find an article on doing it, with tips, tricks, what out fors, etc, and post if I can find one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Chris,
The valve clearance check procedure is in the Periodic Maintenance chapter starting on page 2-8. The adjustment procedure starts in that section but then references the camshaft installation procedure which is in the Engine chapter starting on page 3-99. The main value of the installation section is the diagrams showing correct orientation of the markings on the camshaft sprockets during reinstallation. It definitely helps if you can bring your laptop out to the garage!

·
Registered
255 Posts
moto_potato said:
Chris,
The valve clearance check procedure is in the Periodic Maintenance chapter starting on page 2-8. The adjustment procedure starts in that section but then references the camshaft installation procedure which is in the Engine chapter starting on page 3-99. The main value of the installation section is the diagrams showing correct orientation of the markings on the camshaft sprockets during reinstallation. It definitely helps if you can bring your laptop out to the garage!
I wish I had a laptop.... I'll have to print the pages to my printer instead. :( But the PDF picture quality of my manual is so bad I doubt I'll be able to use it as a guide. May have to break down and buy a "real" manual from the shop. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts