StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not real mechanical:headbang: so forgive my obvious ignorance.

When I read between the DL1000 (Vee) and DL650 (Wee) forums it appears that the Vee seems to require Valve Adjustments a lot more often than on the Wee.

I am curious as to why. Is it because of the torque and horsepower? Or is there a different design between the Vee and Wee valve arrangements?

Or Is it just my perception of what I read that the DL1000 requires more Valve Adjustments?

My DL650 at approx 49,000 was still dead center in specs when checked a couple months ago.

Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I last checked my valves around 190,000km, they were still good and have yet to have even one adjusted since new. :thumbup:

During the winter I will again check them.....

Cheers

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigger engines have more valve contact area and more hot gasses moving through as well as heavier valves and valve springs. The Wee engine having a newer design might also be involved.
Greywolf -- thanks for the explanation.

I have been thinking about changing to the DL1000 and have been researching it abit more. Not wanting something too maintenance intensive.:yesnod:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Be aware it is easier to change the shims in a DL1000. The cam chain is not disturbed in the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts