StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to see what folks think of the value on a 2012 650 with 60k on it. Well maintained, runs great, lots of accessories and farkles... Have not seen many other with this many miles for sale and none of the blue books seem to account for mileage. Any opinions?

·
Registered
914 Posts
California prices tend to be higher than the national average or blue book values. With 60K miles seller is going to have tough time selling it. What is he asking?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2500 but would be OK with 2000. Full disclosure, seller is me and I'm trying to figure out what to ask. I already have a replacement and this one is taking up space.

·
Registered
914 Posts
2500 but would be OK with 2000. Full disclosure, seller is me and I'm trying to figure out what to ask. I already have a replacement and this one is taking up space.
LOL, I am in the same boat, I am afraid I'm going to tip one over into the other in the garage. Just bought a L4 Wee near you in Atwater and looking to dump my high mileage K7 Wee (89K miles).

Even with 60K miles its probably worth more than that, the Gen2 with lower mileage are running around $5-6K on CL and most of the Wee's on CL are Gen1 without ABS. Also, its Spring so now is a seller's market. Someone out there wants a Wee with ABS but doesn't have $5K +T/L to get a low mileage Gen2. If your bike is clean and well-farkled list it for $4200 and you might get $4000.

NB: This sound crazy to anyone not in CA but we pay too much for everything out West!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I originally listed it for $4000 and got absolutely zero interest in it. It's in really nice shape overall, a scratch on one tank cover and one of the welds on the engine guard is broken, but overall it's a good looking bike, not clapped out at all. Stored in a garage all the time and generally cared for. I listed it for 2500, mainly I want to finance a Motoport custom suit with the funds from this, and 2500 would get me there. Thanks for the opinion!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am curious about pricing my bike; you listed in on CL? What month? How long did it sit at $4K?

·
Registered
645 Posts
$4,000 would be a very high asking price for the East coast. I bought my K6 in 2012 for under $4k. It had a top box, centerstand, handguards, crash bars, and 10k miles.

Unless the bike is decked out with the best of everything, I think you're in the $2000-$2500 territory for my market (mid-Atlantic).

It's dumb, but higher mileage bikes are worth less mostly because there are so many low miles ones out there. By the time a future owner wears out your bike, we'll probably be close to the end of the combustion engine era.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just for reference, I bought my K2 with 18k miles for $2400 in Aug 2016 and I thought that wasn't a bad deal.
I could see $2-2500 on your 2012.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a high mileage 2012 and I'm in SoCal too. My bike is in pristine condition - it looks and rides like new. I'd list mine for $3800 and expect to get $3500 if that helps.

I'm not planning on selling for the immediate future.

·
Registered
347 Posts
With that kind of mileage. It's really going to come down to condition and what things you've added.
But I would guess it's going to land between $2&3K for it to get closer to $3 it needs to be very good fettle. With some desirable add ons.

One of the bummers but also cool bits about these bikes. The secondary market is just weak for them.
Great if you are buying used, kind of sucks if you are forced to sell early.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have 40k on my L2 and have seen new L7's sitting on the showroom floor for months for $7k.

My guess is around $2000-$2500. My SV I'd probably sell for $2k.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It hurts to hear this. I've been wondering the same. I have a completely loaded 2012 with 52k miles. Corbin seat, Altrider, Givi, Protaper, full Cogent suspension, etc.... All high quality stuff. I'll be keeping it a while if I can't get more than $2500 for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just sold my 2012 650 adventure with Saddleman seat, LED headlites, dash w/2 12v sockets and a voltmeter, top box, tank bag, 27,000 miles and in really excellent condition for 4400 to the first guy who came to look at it.

Ken

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
I just sold my 2012 650 adventure with Saddleman seat, LED headlites, dash w/2 12v sockets and a voltmeter, top box, tank bag, 27,000 miles and in really excellent condition for 4400 to the first guy who came to look at it.

Ken
For that mileage that’s not far off.

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
Just for reference, I bought my K2 with 18k miles for $2400 in Aug 2016 and I thought that wasn't a bad deal.
I could see $2-2500 on your 2012.
Wow you got one helluva deal, the original owner gave it away!! :surprise:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow you got one helluva deal, the original owner gave it away!! :surprise:
It came with the following:
PC3 USB
3 windshields. Original, Zero Gravity low, Cee Bailey tall
Frame sliders
Throttlemeister lock
Sargent seat
Led Brake light

It barely ran. Both TB boots were off, needed a TBS desperately. The 3 hour ride from VA to PA was interesting! Secondaries were already removed. Tires were 20%. Sorted those issues within a couple weekends and, voila, an amazing deal! have about 20,000 miles on it since August 2016.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd think $2000-$2500 is a pretty good price. Maybe depends on your definition of "well farkled". It would be worth $1500+ with no accessories at all so, depending what's on there, stripping it and selling those separately might be your best bet. Take $100 off the asking price of the bike for every $200 of farkles sold and pretty soon it will be cheap enough to get someone's attention.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts